boop

"Wait, let me get this straight," I interrupted her with a giggle. Amy rolls her eyes before continuing. "Your mom invited your new neighbors over for dinner and turns out it was Ellie and her family?"

"Yes, exactly." I replied with a nod.

"How did you not realize it was her? Come on, Nic, it's not that hard to connect the dots." Amy remarked.

I ignored her and continued on. "I met her little sister, Emma. She's so cute."

"Wow, you're already meeting the family. You guys are practically dating." Amy said sarcastically. Ethan let out a short laugh.

"Nicole and Ellie sitting in a tree," I cut them off quickly before they could finish.

"Shut up! My mom is gonna hear you." Amy and Ethan shared a glance.

"You really think your mom isn't going to be okay with it?" Ethan asked softly.

"If she knew I was bi, she would kick me out of the house, no doubt. I'd be a disgrace to the family." I scoffed.

"Has she ever said anything to make you think that? What kind of mother would kick her daughter just because she likes a girl?" Ethan asked, getting a little angry.

"Ethan, you're too kind for this world." I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a smile. "She never flat out said, 'I hate gays!', but it's subtle things. One day, we saw two guys holding hands at the beach and she had the most shocked expression on her face and then she made sure we were far away from them. She didn't think I noticed, but I did."

They both were wearing similar expressions. Confused mixed in with sadness.

"But it's fine, because she'll never know." I said, trying to reassure them.

"What if you marry a girl? She's still not gonna know?" Amy asked.

"I don't know." I sigh, I didn't think about that. "She's gonna find out eventually, but not anytime soon."

"Look, if anything happens, you can come to us, okay?" Ethan said, sympathetically. "I have an air mattress in my basement, if you ever need it." His eyes were warm.

"Thank you guys." I then wrapped my arms around both of them, feeling so lucky to have friends like these.

~~~

I walk alongside my friends as we entered the mall. Amy and Ethan are walking slightly in front of Ellie and I. Ellie has never been to this mall yet, so we're showing her around.

"Okay, so where are we going first?" Ethan asked us. I looked over at Ellie, and she shrugged.

"Uhhh, I kinda want to go shopping", Amy said. We then made our way to Forever Twenty One. It's the cheapest store in the mall, so we all agreed on it.

As soon as we enter the store, Amy disappears. So, the rest of us decide to just look around. We all end up getting clothes to try on.

We take turns in the dressing room, so we can get input from the others. I end up trying on a leather skirt with a white cami. I look in the mirror, deciding I like how it looks on me.

I open the dressing room door. I don't want to get something without seeing what my friends think. "Thoughts?"

"Dammnnn, girl. You look hot." Amy smirks at me. I laugh at that and look at Ethan.

Ethan just gives me a thumbs up and a smile.

Ellie just stares at me for a few seconds. Amy nudges her, and she blinks a few times. Her cheeks turn light pink. "It's- it's nice. I like it."

I close the door and change back into my clothes. I ended up buying my outfit, it started to really grow on me.

We then head over to the food court. We couldn't agree on what to eat, so we split up. I went to Taco Bell with Amy, and then Ethan and Amy got pizza.

I look at Amy's Dorito Taco thing. "That looks disgusting, Amy." Amy looks at me, offended.

"No, it's so delicious." Amy proceeds to chew obnoxiously with her mouth open. I push Amy away from me.

"Ew, your so gross. Chew with your mouth closed." Amy ignores me and continues to eat how she wants to.

Ethan and Ellie join us at the table. Ethan looks at Amy, still triggering me, and just shrugs it off. Ellie just encourages her, by giving her a slice of pizza to eat, giggling.

"Ellie, stop giving her food." I tell her. She shakes her head at me, and gives her a garlic knot. I roll my eyes, and just continue to eat my tacos.

"You're so funny when you're annoyed." She leans over the table to boop me on the nose. "Boop."

"Do that again, Ellie. I dare you." I mock an angry expression, furrowing my eyebrows at her. She then presses her finger to my nose again.

A smile grows on her face, as she says "boop." She then giggles as I reach my hand up to do the same to her. She does it back to me again, and I do it back. We keep doing this, full on giggling, getting faster and faster until Ethan interrupts us.

"Are you guys high or something?" Ethan asks, seriously.

"Just high on life, Amy." Ellie says, with a wink. Amy shrugs it off and continues to eat her gross Dorito Taco.

   ~~~

   sadly, this chapter was only 904 words, but i really couldn't add anything else. this story is so hard to write, because i want it to be a really long slow burn, but i don't know how to make filler chapters. i also don't know how people act when they meet new people, bc i don't meet new people. that makes me sound like a loner lmaooo.

   but what i'm trying to say is that it's really hard for author's to come up with content,  and i'm having writers block. (i do not have writers block, my writer just hates the clock) i had to include that reference sorry.

   so just let me know how I'm doing. and you can be as honest as you want. if i'm going too fast, let me know, or if it's too boring, let me know, so i can make it interesting.

   anyway, thanks for reading 🥰🌈🌟