Chapter 11: Roses

Danzo's Pov
Hidden ROOT Base-Konohagakure Nō Sato

The small dripping of water would annoy a normal person. The fact that you couldn't hear footsteps on the floor would make some run in fear.

But not Danzo.

He sat in a room, surrounded by scrolls with markings that only he and his ROOT could read. He picked up a scroll that sat idly on one end of his desk. Unraveling it he scanned the contents.

The color told him that it was from Orochimaru.

The purple venom like color didn't faze the man as he read until the end.

你就会
Danzo, my old friend. I understand that you have been looking for something, or rather, someone. I was informed by two of your ROOT operatives a couple months back, that if I were to catch wind of anything, that I should tell you. Of course, this information will come at a cost, and I assure you, it will be well worth the payment...

Danzo, while not outwardly showing it, was intrigued. What could Orochimaru be going on about? He had many people that he was looking for. That 'someone' could literally be anyone.

Standing slowly, he made his way over to a part of his wall. Seals surrounded that one particular area on the wall. He had doubts that anyone in this village could break them.

He himself was a master in funijutsu. Having taken many of the funijutsu he learned from his Sensei, Tobirama Senju.

He pushed thoughts of his overly stoic Sensei to the back of his head, determined to forget that of which took from him.

With the correct hand seals the wall took on the image that it was crumbling. Inside the wall say many mission scrolls that he couldn't afford to lose.

He skimmed his fingers along all of them, stopping momentarily at Uchiha Itachi's file-well a copy of it. The Hokage had the original.

He set his hands on Haruno Kizashi's file. He carried it back to his low sitting desk, skimming his thumbs over the edge. He'd be lying if he said he felt nauseous holding this man's file.

He felt no remorse for his course of action. Haruno Kizashi himself was a threat, he was strong to say the least, and his offspring had always worried him more.

Well, not worried, just mildly concerned.

His daughter, Haruno Sakura, had been a problem. She was assigned to the team with Uchiha Sasuke-someone who's Sharingan he wanted with a heated desire. And Uzumaki Naruto-the nine tailed demon foxs' holder, also something that he needed for his future plans.

He couldn't begin to explain his frustration from a couple years ago. That girl had been put on that team for a reason, not just to 'Balance them out' as the Third Hokage had said.

And while most couldn't see it, she had those two boys under her thumb. They would do literally almost anything to keep her safe-even if that meant dying.

She was a liability to him and his plans, and he would stop at nothing to be rid of the obstacle in front of him. He had seen examples of it in the forest of death, where he had stationed ROOT to watch over Team 7.

The Uchiha had become furious at the sight of that girl in pain, at which he had actually sputtered. Uchiha's didn't hold people close, it wasn't in their blood.

The Nine Tails Chakra has also been reported that day. It was then that he decided that this team was too close, he needed to fix that. He needed to rip them apart, and all he had to do was pull one tiny little string.