Chapter 15: On His Lips

A small rustling of fabric brought a silver-haired man to wake. He rubbed his eyes and cursed, he looked down, finding a weight on his chest. He smirked at the brunette that lay there. He gently moved her down until she lay fully on the futon. He covered her with the covers and sat up. He walked to the table in the corner of the room and sat down, he scratched at his unruly hair. He didn't have to wonder where everyone else was. Money-man was at the bar with the Hag. Fishy-Chan was at the brothel down the road, and Puppet-boy was out in the forest, doing god knows what with all the trees that were out there.

Stretching he found that a sudden urge caused him to reach down his pants. Thinking he found that they were truly wasting their time. Kakuzu had warned them not but almost a week ago about what wrath their leader would unleash on them. Yet he himself was still here and so was everyone else. They hadn't moved, because if they moved, then that meant they'd have to move the Uchiha bastard too.

He looked at the form of Itachi Uchiha, still and silent. He looked pale with the contrast the room was giving off, and through the blanket, you couldn't see his ribs so that was a plus.

Sighing he moved closer, examining the Uchiha's face. He frowned and thought about all the times he had been reprimanded by the bastard. "You know Uchiha," he started, feeling only minimally stupid for talking to a basical corpse. "I don't like you very much, you're a pompous bastard." He felt agitated by the lack of response even though he knew he wouldn't get one. "You think you're better than everyone. I remember you made fun of me because I slouched. You were all like 'Hidan stop slouching it makes you look old'. Well, let me tell you, the only reason you stand straight is because of that stick that's all the way up your ass!" Hidan huffed and turned away.

He felt down, still not receiving a response, or the customary slap to the head. Sighing he turned away and leaned his side against the wall. "But..." He shook his head, and knowing that the bastard would not hear his next words, he had no embarrassment saying them. "but that doesn't mean that I don't miss you, you bastard..." Silence met him and he shook his head. What kind of fucking retard was he talking to someone who was in a coma-

"I don't know whether to feel flattered or bemused Hidan." A voice, raspy and dry from lack of use said behind him.

He stopped making his way back to the bed. No, it can't be, he thought frantically. Hidan felt himself freeze. His head slowly turning to meet greyish-black eyes that had a glassy look.

He blanched and fell backward falling loudly on his ass, making the people below them hit the roof of their floor. He was frozen, watching as Itachi coughed and turned to look at him, trying to blink away the glassy look in his eyes.

"I-I-Itachi?!" He screamed, he saw Shizune wake with a startle in the corner and as her own eyes adjusted, she too took in the appearance of the now awake Itachi. "U-Uchiha-San?!" She said disbelievingly.

She was quicker to react than he was, making her way over to him quickly and feeling his forehead. She hummed and grabbed a towel from the table and wetted it. Placing it on his forehead she turned on the lamp next to the bed, she reached for Tsunade's medical bag just as the door slammed open. With it revealed a hammered Kakuzu and a less wasted Tsunade, behind them waded in a dazed-faced Kisame.

"Shizune! How many times do I have to tell you not to touch my-!" Tsunade's eyes clearly took in the conscious Uchiha as well and she immediately sobered up, dropping Kakuzu to the floor she rushed to Itachi's side, throwing her glass bottle on the floor as she did so, uncaring for the broken glass that littered the floor. She grabbed his face in her hands and turned it from side to side, checking for any strange behavior.

"When did he wake?" Her voice demanded an answer, and she grabbed her medical bag as she awaited one.

"Not even three minutes ago Tsunade-Sama," Shizune answered immediately, clasping her hands in front of her.