Chapter 1

Mu Li was in a state of mild panic, and QiQi, although well-intentioned, was only adding to the mess of thoughts in her head.

[QiQi: Host, would you like to receive the character memories?]

[Mu Li: ... Yes.]

[QiQi: Memories transferred, enjoy!]

Mu Li flinched as a barrage of scenes surfaced suddenly in her mind.

Mu RongXue was raised on Mei Hua Peak with her shifu, Mu YangXi. Mu YangXi was always very kind to her, but she couldn't help as people chattered about the Sect Master's true intentions for adopting a random child left at the gates of Qing Tang. She didn't understand why the other people disliked her but very soon she learned that the only way to shut them up was with actions.

They said she was just some dumb kid with a good spiritual root, so she started to dedicate herself to memorizing manuals and any scroll she could get her hands on.

They said she was naïve and not serious enough, so she kept her emotions guarded and strictly obeyed the sect rules.

They said she was not strong enough to succeed the Sect Master, so she cultivated and practiced sword arts like her life depended on it.

By the time she was twelve, she'd already reached the middle stage of Foundation Establishment and earned the nickname "Snow (1) Princess". Mu RongXue became greatly admired by her fellow disciples and was revered by all her fellow cultivators as a genius.

Mu YangXi always doted on her, giving her only the best and personally taught and oversaw all her training. He saw how hard Mu RongXue was on herself and didn't know how else to treat such a disciplined and serious child, so he decided to support the child in everything she pursued with all he had. Mu RongXue grew up with only the highest quality goods. It was no lie to say she grew up pampered.

Mu Li clenched her fists, hidden now by the long sleeves of her light blue robe, and broke out in a cold sweat, "Wait a minuet, Mu RongXue?! This is Mu RongXue's body?! The main villainess of that web novel 《 Demon Fire Cultivator 》?! Which god did I piss off to land myself in this shitty role?!"

While she remained emotionless on the outside, her heart was now racing and her mind a mess. "B-but... Mu RongXue died in such a horrible way in the novel!"

< "How did you get in here?!" Mu RongXue spat, eyes cold as she glared at Yu TianMin.
"You're still as breathtakingly beautiful... and as poisonous as ever, shijie (2)," the taller female quipped, voice laced with sarcasm, "Your disciples aren't as good as people say they are. Anyone could come strolling in here. You should be more careful, or those looks of your's might lead to unwelcome company."
Mu RongXue snap closed the blue fan covering her face, "What buissiness do you have on my Mei Hua Peak," she asked coldly, not letting any emotion leak into her words, her stone cold black eyes glinting blue in the pale moonlight.
Yu TianMin ignored the other and smiled coldly, "You know, I've always really loved your eyes, shijie. If only they were a bit warmer I wouldn't mind keeping them." >
— Excerpt from《 Demon Fire Cultivator 》

"After that, Yu TianMin cut Mu RongXue's eyes out, gutted her, and made her body into a puppet, trapping Mu RongXue's soul and making her suffer forever!" Mu Li felt a bit faint, even if she couldn't return back to her world, she didn't want to die like this!

"Xue-er, if you are feeling unwell, shifu will go on his own, you should go back and rest."

Mu Li, now Mu RongXue, looked up at the concerned male in front of her. Mu YangXi's eyebrows were furrowed as he placed a hand on his spatial bag, as if tempted to take out an emperor grade healing pill and force Mu RongXue to consume it as soon as she replied. He was worried about this child who just doesn't know when to speak up.