Chapter 3

Mu RongXue was sleeping soundly when she was woken up by her system.

[QiQi: Host, please wake up (╥ _ ╥);; !!]

[Mu RongXue: Hmm? What is it QiQi?]

[QiQi: The protagonist is going to get here soon to go to Purple Mist Forest but you're still in bed!!]

[Mu RongXue: ??? Didn't I tell her to come after completing her assigned tasks?]

[QiQi: ... Yes but it's already late afternoon!!]

[Mu RongXue: .....]

Mu RongXue sat up as if she were being shocked and changed into her light blue robes, trying to make sure she looked as neat as possible. She quickly arranged her hair and washed her face with a wet towel by the lake, thank heavens she had a clean water supply. She hastily finished up her 'morning' routine and found a place in the meadow to busy herself with meditation. Soon after, Yu TianMin arrived.

"Dashijie, I have finished my tasks and have come to seek your guidance."

"En." Mu RongXue responded before turning around and making her way towards the beast-filled forest with Yu TianMin trailing closely behind her. The real reason she needed to have Yu TianMin go to the Purple Mist Forest was because of the original plot line. In the novel, Yu TianMin was still poisoned and needed to find spiritual herbs to detoxify, so she steeled her will and decided to risk entering the high grade first to find medicine. After accidentally drawing the attention of the giant two-headed boar, she is chased deep into the forest and reaches a lake where she finds the thousand-year fire lotus. She absorbs it to push out the poison, unknowingly also boosting her cultivation level to early Core Formation and gaining hundred-poison resistance. Ah, the almighty power of the protagonist halo, even is she is poisoned and in danger, she will find a rare panacea to solve all her problems. Mu RongXue could only sigh at the heavens for being so unfair.

Yu TianMin walked solemnly behind the other disciple in silence. She was a bit unnerved by the current situation. No matter how hard she tried, it was still difficult to reconcile the dashijie that had gazed at her with a freezing glare or ignored her with a sneer for months, with the one who started to notice and inadvertently help her these past few days. Her eyes trailed up the light blue clad figure in front of her. Dashijie has always been an enigma, Yu TianMin would not put it past her that she maybe doing this for her own benefit. Either way, she could not let go of this change to gain more power, so the younger disciple could only contemplate in silence.

The Purple Mist Forest was not vast, but illusions made by the thick mist would often confuse anyone who entered. Mu RongXue slowed to a stop near the edge of the forest and snapped open her fan. She was a little out of breath.

"Collect the moonlight grass that grows by the lake in the center of the forest. If you make it back alive by sunset, I will fulfill my promise, if not..." Mu RongXue trailed off. If not, she could only loose a little face and make another excuse to help the protagonist! What? It's not like she could let Yu TianMin hate her!

The young protagonist's eyes darkened and her expression became more savage. No wonder her dashijie had presented her with such great offers, it's not like she could use any of it when she was dead! The Purple Mist Forest is home to some of the most dangerous beasts in the world, don't mention the center of the forest, even the intermediary layers of the forest were teeming with legendary monsters.

She glared at the back of the older disciple, her fists tightening until her knuckles became white. Her dashijie has only shown her a momentary interest because she wanted to get rid of her.

Yu TianMin sneered in her heart, "How laughable, did she really think I would choose to back down and supposedly give up an opportunity of my own will? I would rather die and tarnish her name, than resign myself to a fate of being forever below her."