✰ 0.4 ✰

the first day of school is finally over, and it didn't even go that badly!

i'm walking home with dongpyo and wonjin. minkyu is staying after schcool.

dongpyo informs me that normally hyeongjun walks home with him too, but decided to stay after school with minkyu today.

"eunhwa~" dongpyo says.

"yes?"

"i think he's staying after school because he doesn't want to walk with you."

"i don't know why he hates me," i say, frustrated. "to be honest, it's making me hate him too."

"i don't know either!" dongpyo whines out. "i'll have to ask him eventually."

i shrug, not wanting to stay on the topic of hyeongjun.

the three of us make it back to our complexes and say bye. we'll see each other soon.

i start on my homework. i figure that i should actually try to do well at this new school. i finish it in a decent amount of time, trying not to procrastinate.

after that, i hang around and relax. soon my aunt and uncle get home, and we have dinner. i thank them and go to my room.

my aunt and uncle go to bed very early. once they're sleeping, i slip out of the complex in an oversized hoodie and slides.

i make my way up to the rooftop. i find it relaxing up here. it's really nice and calming.

i sit alone for awhile, with my back to the staircase that led up, just thinking about my new life. i think about how thankful i am for my new friends, but how much i miss my old ones. i allow my mind to linger on my mother for a few quick moments, but not too long. i don't wanna have another mental breakdown. haha.

i hear footsteps.

"stargirl?" a voice says.

"oh, hey there starboy," i say.

we sit back to back again.

"so how was your first day of school?" he asks.

"it was surprisingly okay. i made friends which i'm very thankful for. some of them live in this building too! all of them are so sweet and nice."

i rambled on for awhile. starboy was a really good listener. he always knew what to say at the right time. talking to him was soothing. i could go on and on.

"that's great!" he says.

"yeah. how was your day?"

i feel his shoulders move up and back down. i'm guessing that was a shrug. "it was fine. just like any other day."

"tell me more," i say.

"it was an average day, that's all," he says lightly.

"hm, okay," i say. i wish he would say more about himself.

"hey stargirl."

"yes, starboy?"

"i bet you're really pretty."

\\\\\

a/n: this chapter is short and boring im sorry