✰ 0.7 ✰

turns out hyeongjun has a little brother, and oh my, he's so cute. (yall idk if hyeongjun actually has a lil bro or not🤷‍♀️)

i was seated at the song's dinner table. i'm not apart of their family at all, but i somehow felt included. hyeongjun's mother would ask me questions, and the conversation would flow smoothly.

"eunhwa is such a nice girl," his father said.

"i agree!!" his brother exclaimed.

i smiled, while hyeongjun looked like he wanted to murder someone.

when dinner was finished, his mother suggested that hyeongjun and i wash and clean up the dinner.

that left me and hyeongjun alone in the kitchen. everyone had gone to their bedrooms.

"so," i say. "i think it's time for you to answer my question from earlier," i say smirking.

he played dumb. "what are you talking about?"

"you know, idiot. why do you hate me?"

his face looked like he was deep in thought. "i guess if you really want to know," he said. again.

"i would like to know."

"HA... as if i would actually tell you," he said. then i saw a slight smile on his face. huh, did he think it was funny to taunt me? he dramatically sighs. "if only you knew." a smile escaped again.

"you know you could just tell me," i say.

"never," he says in a daydreaming manner.

"jerk," i say.

"uh huh, you too." he smiles, again.

i sit up on his counter and face him. "tell me!!" i beg.

"never..." he says smirking. "let's get you home, though."

we literally live in an apartment building, but hyeongjun deadass decides to walk me home. also, why is he walking me home if we hate each other??

we take the elevator down to my floor in awkward silence. he walks me to my complex, and says see you tomorrow casually.

"can i ask you a question?" i say as he's about to walk away.

"hm? as long as it's not the question from earlier."

i scoff. "why did you walk me down if you hated me?"

"because i wanted to."

he smirks and walks away.

✰ ✰ ✰

i meet with starboy again.

"so what did you do today, stargirl?" he asks, with our backs against each other.

"hmmm... not much. i did have to work on a project with someone that i dislike, though."

"haha, really? how coincidental. i also had to work on a project with someone... but i think..."

"what do you think?" i ask.

"i think...the girl i'm working with on the project..."

"what about her?" i say.

"i think i might be starting to like her."

my heart: crushed.

just when i thought me and starboy had something going.

haha...

i was dumb to think so.

i guess spilling about our darkest secrets, talking all night, and everything else didn't mean anything to him.

ouch.

i want to cry.

"that's... amazing. that's great... do you think she likes you too?"

"haha, i'm not so sure. in fact, i think she hates me, and she might hate me even more in this moment..."

what did he mean by that? "i'm sorry, starboy."

i feel heartbroken. "starboy, please, just talk to me. tell me a story. tell me anything." if he didn't say anything, i might just burst into tears.

"okay. let me tell you about my first love."

✰ ✰ ✰

a/n: YALL IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED.... i just did't really know where i was going with my story, so thank you for waiting 😪 i'm so sorry.

also... are we not gonna talk about how dense my characters are... 💀🤣
or unless... hahah... maybe...???