Overworked

Idea by BridgetTh3B1RD. Kraken is there because of the book What We Lost, which is by JustAnAtlantisWriter and I think it works. I love both your works, hope you enjoy.

Cody's POV
I felt so sick when I got up. I was ready to pass out and throw up, but I had too much to do today to take the day off. I had breakfast, then left to fix a leak in the roof in the spear room. Joe I think was catching on to me, but I brushed him off and left.

Joe's POV
Cody look terrible this morning! He's so annoying when he does thins, even sick he tries to do things. He's an idiot!
It was lunch by now, and he was still doing stuff! He came in and walked passed me, but this time I snapped. "No you don't!" I yelled startling him.
"What?"
"Let's go." I grabbed his wrist and dragged his sorry tail to his room.
"Joe." I sat him on the bed and after a half hour of struggling, finally stopping and just lay back on the bed. "Why are you doing this?"
"To stop you from getting even more sick and tied than you are. If you're sick just tell me and I'll do the stuff you want. You can't just keep going, even kings need their rest."
He looked me, defeated and rolled over to sleep. I quietly left and headed to do anything left on his 'to do list'.

Cody's POV
I woke up the next morning and found breakfast on my bedside draws. I had breakfast, got up, and went to find Joe. It took me ages to find him, but I eventually found him in his room. "Hey Joe?" No response. But I heard coughing just as I was gonna to leave. "Joe?"
"Cody?" Through the coughs, that all I could make out.
"Joe are you... Wait. Are you sick?"
"No." He was cough quite bad. He never really had that good of an immune system. I came over and sat next to him stroking his head softly. His head was so hot. I felt so bad, this was because of me.
"I'm sorry Joe."
"It's ok." He said, placing a hand on my arm. "You look better."
"That's because of you. Now, you stay rested, even kings need their rest." He chuckles and coughs, at me taking his line. I walked off to the kitchen to grab him something for breakfast and walked past Kraken.
"Hey where's Joey?"
"Resting." I said looking through the fridge.
"Resting? He's had all night to do that."
"No. He's sick. His immune system sucks, always has. He caught my cold and it's worse for him." I explained, making up a hot coco.
"Must suck for him. But you two grew up in a palace. How does he get so sick that quickly?" Kraken was clearly confused.
"Dad said he's like mum's brother. They were both born ill and didn't have good immune systems to start with. Joe has also only had a few shots in his life because of it. That's why." I finished explaining. Joe's hot coco and piklets were ready and I hopped off back to Joe's room. "Joe?" I asked putting my head in the door. He was still. I walked in and placed the tray down. That's when I saw he had actually fallen asleep in the few minutes I was gone. I sigh and stroke his head. He, even asleep, cracked a lazy, sleepy smile and snuggled up in the bed some more.
"He's too sweet and innocent for this cruel word." A voice came from the door. When I turned, it was Kraken. I nodded in agreement. Joe was too special for this cruel world we were living on. And I was going to make sure he stayed that way.