Chapter 1-Cops and Robbers

"Beep-beep Richie." You call out as Richie continues pestering Stan. "C'mon Birdman, got no game?" He asks doing the chicken dance. You roll your eyes so far back in your head you almost see stars. You pull at Richie's collar, causing him to stumble backwards, landing in your lap.

"Lay off, trashmouth." You say moving him off you. "All I'm sayin is, that if Stan likes this girl he keeps talking about he should do somthin!". Your heart drops as you think about it. Of course Stan wouldn't like me you think sadly as Richie tugs at some blades of grass. You and Bev have been best friends since grade school, so when you finally came to Derry High you were immediately accepted into the Losers club. You felt at home among the other weirdos. Eddie the germaphobe sick boy, Stan the OCD bird-loving Jew, Bev the beautiful slut-shamed girl, Bill the stuttering mourner (after the brutal murder of his brother Georgie), Mike the only African American in Derry, Ben the (well) largest kid in Derry, Richie the trash mouth with no sense of timing, and you.

"G-guys, stop it! Weren't w-we gonna play c-c-cops and robbers?" Bill manages to get out over everyone. "Woah, I'm surprised you were able to talk over Richie's bullshit!" Stan yells causing everyone to double over in laughter, even Richie.

"I call being cop!" Eddie calls during team picking. "Okay, then e-everyone else is ruh-robber. Spread o-out!" You rush back from the clearing, moving towards the Kenduskeag river. "Home base is the clubhouse door! Go!" Beverly yells as Stan rushes towards where you stand, hopping out of Eddie's way like a bunny. You rush over and join his sprint to the door, moving at an almost equal pace. You both reach the door right before Eddie screams, "GOT YA!" Grabbing at Richie's palm tree print shirt. "Dang it, Eds!" He yells back moving out of his way. "Don't call me that. You take Bill I got Ben, we'll move in on Bev later." He says winking discreetly

"Damn they're a genius! Bevs screwed." Stan whispers to you as Richie flanks right, nearly toppling over, the now wheezing, Eddie. "I got her!" Richie screeches as he leaps for Bev's blouse, nearly ripping it off her body. "Well crap Tozier! I almost flashed everyone." "I don't think anyone would complain, amiright Big Bill!" "BEEP-B-BEEP RICHIE!" He screams frantically as Eddie runs behind him. You reach out your hand for Bill to grab when suddenly his foot catches on a tree root, sending him tumbling towards the ground in slow motion. "NOOOOOOOO!" You hear Stan yell from afar as Bill lands face first in a pile of leaves. "GOTCHA!" Eddie screeches as he lands smack dab on Bill's back.

"So close." Bill whispers as he shakes his fist in the air. Suddenly everyone turns their head as something whizzes past them, knocking into Stan with a solid thud. Mike stands up, pulling Stan up with him, when everyone almost insync looks over at Ben. "Your turn, haystack!" Richie yells as Bev tears off after him, fiery red hair bouncing behind her. "Shit, shit, shit..." You hear him scream as he lumbers towards you. Eddie runs over to him, when Ben dodges out of the way, Eddie turning his head in shock. "Wow." Stan gasps as ben rushes over.

You pull him onto the door, which creaks slightly at everyone's weight. "Made it!" He yells over his shoulder to the cops. "Darn it." Eddie whispers as everyone gathers in the middle of the clearing, looking at Bill for the next directions. "P-pretty good game, e-everyone." Bill says in an almost whisper. "Same time tomorrow?" Beverly asks as she picks up her bike from the woods. "Sounds good!" You say, making your way to your spray-painted purple bike next to hers. "Yeah that's cool." Stan says walking towards you. Everyone eventually agrees (except Mike he has to help his dad tomorrow).

"Can I bike you home?" Stan asks you privately. "Sure!" You says picking up your bike, while Stan kicks back his kickstand, swinging his leg over the seat. "Follow me ok?" He says as you both start to ride away from the group your calves burning trying to keep up with Stan's insane pace.

"Woah, dude a little slower please!" You scream over the punch of the gears. Stan presses on the breaks slightly, maneuvering out of your way. "Turn left here." He says quickly, causing you to turn sharply into him, almost crashing. You struggle to stop your bike from tilting when eventually it stops. You look around and notice that your house is the other way. "Hey, where are you taking me?" You ask behind you shoulder to Stan. "The Standpipe. I need to show you something."