Prologue

Alex is in the eighth grade and attends Saint Louis Middle School. He has a girlfriend her name is Tav, to him she is the most beautiful person alive. Alex's parents don't know he has a girlfriend, but Tav's parents know about Alex. Tav and Alex both suffer from depression, but Alex suffers from bipolar depression which could be worse but it all depends on what you think. Tav and Alex have both thoughts of running away from home but never went through with it because they were too scared. So on Dec 22nd, 2017 they left the school at 2:15 and went toward Alex's house. They didn't go to his house instead they went into the woods by Alex's house and they threw some stuff out of their bags. They walked around for a while and then went to the neighborhood pool and into the woods behind it. They sat there for a couple of hours then went to the local library, that's where Tav's dad found them. They ran into a small patch of woods and took shelter. Around 11:35 they left the safety of the woods and went to the local plaza. They stopped at the Dunkin-donuts that was there. Around 11:46 they walked into a Popeyes chicken. Next, they walked around a Shoppers until the store closed and were told to leave, then went back to the dunk-in-donuts. Unfortunately, that's where Alex's dad found them, Tav and Alex bolted toward the Popeyes chicken. Alex's dad told him to stop but Tav went on Alex's dad talked to him and they got into his car. Tav was wearing Alex's blue sweatshirt, she was just walking around the plaza parking lot. Alex's dad tried to talk to her but she might have been distracted by thinking about how Alex could do that to her, he just left her, even though he said that he would always be there for her. He broke a promise to stay by her side and never leave. Alex's dad tried to reason with Tav but to no avail, she would not go willingly so she went around his car and walked on. She walked around the plaza for a while then ran into the CVS and that's when Alex's mom arrived. She was pissed and tried to slap Alex but Alex moved too fast. She gave up on Alex for now and went into the CVS for Tav. After about five minutes or so she came out with Tav by the wrist, Alex's mom put Tav into her car and the police came to talk to them. Alex stayed quiet the entire time but Tav talked a little. Tav's parents got to the plaza and talked to the cops. They tried to hug Tav but Tav pushed them away, they then went home.

Two to three weeks later the school came back from winter break. Alex wanted to see Tav but Tav wasn't there. She was at a mental facility for three weeks. When she came back they planned to run away again, Feb 9th, 2018, this time they packed for the trip.