i'm gonna ask her to marry me

yoooo, title is from all time low's "remembering sunday" bc that song has been my jam for the past week.

this is so shit I am so sorry

~

Luke sighed and looked back down at his notebook. His chemistry teacher, Mr. Busse, was rambling on about polyatomic ions and chemical nomenclature. All things Luke already knew. He didn't understand why he had to take chemistry again this year when he passed it last year but whatever, it was an easy A.

He turned to his best friend Ashton and whispered, "Dude this is so boring I think I might die."

Ashton rolled his eyes, "Don't be so dramatic Lukey boy. And be quiet some people are trying to learn."

"Hey its not my fault that you're a senior taking sophomore level science."

Luke felt Ashton kick him under the table.

"Ouch! What the hell man?"

"Don't be a dick."

Luke pouted and looked back down at his notebook, it was completely covered in song lyrics. Some his own, some of the bands he loved. Luke really wished he was listening to Fall Out Boy right now instead of listening to Mr. Busse.

Luckily, the bell rang and he and Ashton collected their stuff and descended from the room.

"We're still hanging out together after school right?" Ashton asked

"Yeah I'll meet you outside the school okay?" Ashton had an early out since he was a senior, he left right after 7th period. It was totally unfair.

Ashton smiled and ruffled his hair before walking off in the opposite direction. Luke swore and ran his hand through his hair, trying to keep his quiff in position.

Fucking Ashton and his fucking curls and bandanas. He doesn't have to do anything with his hair to look good.

Asshole.

~

Luke was exhausted and brain dead by the end of the day. He made his way out of the school and into the parking lot, texting Ashton as he went. He looked up and before he could realize it, he had collided with another body.

The guy under him groaned as they hit the ground.

"Shit, shit, shit I am so sorry." Luke apologized scrambling off the guy and standing up. He held his hand out to him and pulled him up.

"Are you okay?" He questioned.

The guy nodded and bent over to brush the dust off his pants. Luke took this time to observe him.

The kid was tall, like really tall. Probably around the same height as him. He had dark hair with streaks of blond in the fringe and nice tan skin. The kid finished brushing off his pants and looked back at Luke.

He smiled and said, "Don't worry about it, I'm Calum."

Calum? Hm. It suits him.

"I'm Luke. And are you positive? I mean I kind of crushed you." Luke twiddled his fingers nervously.

"Yeah don't worry about it mate. I've got to go meet my friend but I'll catch you later yeah?" The kid, Calum, gave him another smile before walking off back towards the school.

Wow that kid was really nice. Luke could have seriously hurt him. He really needs to watch where he's going from now on.

He made his way to Ashton's car and immediately plopped down into the passenger seat.

"You okay?" Ashton asked, putting the key into the ignition.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good I just ran into a kid and I feel really bad."

"Well was he mad about it?" Ashton questioned.

"No he said it was fine bu-,"

"Then don't worry about it." Ashton cut him off, "Now are you hungry because I am. I didn't want to eat before I picked you up."

Luke smiled, "Yeah I am lets go."

"WOOT FOOD TIME." Ashton screamed before peeling out of the school parking lot.

"JESUS ASH CAN YOU NOT DRIVE LIKE A MANIAC."

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO LUKE."

~

wOW AN ACTUAL CHAPTER?? I BET YOU ALL THOUGHT HE RAN INTO MICHAEL BUT NO BITCH THAT AIN'T HAPPENING YET.