Sixteen

Forth

P'Forth...

I wake up hearing Beam calling my name. I open my eyes and saw Arthit looking down at me he shakes his head before sipping on his coffee. I am so tired it's been weeks I haven't get enough rest. I looked around and realized I am at our rest area I pulled out my phone immediately to call Beam when I remember that Arthit has been nagging me about not contacting Beam his phone just rings. He didn't pick up.

"Doctor Jamornhum!"

I look up at Arthit and a senior Doctor who's looking at me.

"An accident happened at the main road, victims are being transferred here because the nearest Hospital cannot accommodate everyone."

Everyone who has heard the news immediately stood up from resting. I cannot reach Beam still so I decided to call Phana instead, after 4 rings he answered.

"Pha? Are you with Beam?"

(P-P'....)

"Forth! Let's go, quick!"

"I'll call you again."

I Didn't wait for Phana to answer and just drop the call. I'll call Beam again after this.

I check the date it's December 23,20xx 10:47 pm.

I massaged the back of my neck, I feel so tired but cannot take a rest because of the accident happened in the main road, tons of patients are being transferred here, yes. I close my eyes as I hear all machines at work in this big hospital. Yells and cries are all around, some begs for help, some cries because of pain, and the most painful cries I always heard -- The pain of the families of the dead.

I don't have someone in my family died so I don't know how much it hurts but all I know from seeing these people begs for us to revive their loved ones, I knew for sure it damn hurts like hell.

"Doctor Jamornhum!"

I run towards the direction where I was called at. A lady who is now yelping because of the wounds she got in her knees is there, I look at Nate because this is not something to be called at she can do it herself.

"I-I don't know where to start."

I look at her hands shaking so I close my eyes to calm myself not to yell at her in this moment.

"You don't know? Or you just forgot because you're nervous? if she's going to die right now what does you need to do?"

"Save her..."

"Right! And you can't save her if you're mental health is not that strong. Wake up Nate haven't you heard all those people asking for your help? they are waiting for you to stand up yourself. Just think, there's no one here to save them but you! You are their only hope."

A tear fell down her eyes but quickly move. I shook my head as I observe her she got everything right so I decided to leave her there to tend some patients. Moments later a group of emergency volunteers entered the room with the patient on an orange spine board I can see his blood all over I look at Arthit who is at the right corner tending an old lady I nod at him.

"I'll do it."

He nod back and I immediately walk towards the patient.

A volunteer sees me and immediately gave me information about the patient. I signaled a nurse who I saw just finished in her patient to help me. She handed me the equipment and wait for instructions.