Chapter 4 ↬ Little accident

Mark awoke by falling off the couch in a panic from his dream. He instantly leaned up and shouted, "I DIDN'T TOUCH YOUR WIFE!" His eyes were shot open as he breathed heavily, his eyes scanning the area. He then saw you, standing in the kitchen staring at him with a coffee mug in your hands with wide eyes and a shocked expression. You let out a small chuckle from his outburst. Setting down your coffee, you go to his rescue and help him up to his feet.

He staggered into the kitchen and leaned against the counter with a groan, his left hand pinching at the bridge of his nose.

"Well good morning to you too, Mr. I-didn't-touch-your-wife." You mocked him.

He chuckled and pointed at you, saying, "Alright, no need for that now."

"Sooo, who's wife you 'didn't' touch?" You asked, emphasizing 'didn't'.

Mark's face turned a little red as he said kinda loud, "I didn't touch her! She was being cornered by this gang and I tried to save her! Well, cause obviously I was the hero. I had the cape, tight suit, flying powers.. I tried to save her but when I landed on the ground, the whole gang seemed to have fainted and this man runs up, accusing me of killing the gang, saying he was an 'undercover agent'. The lady who was cornered ran over to the man, telling him lies about me inappropriately touching her and the undercover guy just so happens to be her HUSBAND! He started throwing punches but I dodged them and eventually, he tripped me and said 'This is what you get for touching my wife!'"

You stared at Mark, tapping your chin, trying to process what he just said. You said back, "So I'm guessing that's why you screamed that."

Mark rubbed his eyes and said, "Yep, I have some weird dreams." You chuckled at that and replied, "Me too." Then sipped your coffee. After you set your cup down, you glanced at the coffee maker then looked over to Mark and asked, "Hey, want me to make you some coffee?" Mark looked up to you and said with a smile, "Oh, no. It's ok, I got it." You stopped him on his way to the coffee maker and said, "Hold on, you've already done so much for me. Please let me return the favor. The least I can do is make you a cup of coffee."

Before Mark could say anything, you pushed him away and set him down in a chair and walked over to the cabinets to grab a coffee mug. You two discussed the details of how he likes his coffee and you began to make it. You reached up for the coffee grains but they were a bit to high for you to reach. As you pushed your self on your tippy toes, you finger accidentally knocked the powdered creamer over and it fell out of the cabinet. The top must've not been on tight enough because when it fell, the creamer went everywhere and spilled all over you. The sudden surprise caused you to trip over your foot and fall backwards onto the ground.

Mark instantly jumped up and ran to your rescue but paused at the sight of you. The straps of your tank top had fallen down your shoulders, exposing some of your bra and cleavage with your legs slightly spread apart, exposing your panties. The creamer was on your head, on your chest and arms and even down the rest of your body. You looked up at him with a nervous expression and said, "Oops.. Sorry.."

Mark blinked a few times out of his trance and helped you up. You stood up with a groan and said, "Thank you. I'm sorry about the mess." Mark smiled and said, "Ah, don't worry about it. Things happen." He patted your back and gave a soft rub as well. You smiled as you looked up at him, your heart beginning to race again. Just staring into his eyes gave you butterflies. Eventually, he looked down at the floor and said, "Well, I should probably clean this up."

You instantly jumped towards him and said, "Wait, no! I'll clean it up. I made the mess so please, let me clean it." Mark looked at you with a cocked eyebrow and a smile, "I got it, you don't have to worry about it. You're covered in creamer, you need to clean yourself off. If you look in the bathroom, under the counter, there a clean towels for you." You gave him a stern look and said, "Mark." He replied in the same tone, "(Y/n)." You sighed and gave in, "Fine." He smiled in return and said, "Enjoy yourself."