Chapter 6 ↬ Night Swimming

Once the movie was over, Mark stood up and stretched. You did the same and yawned while asking, "So, is it time to go?" Mark looked at his phone and it said '11:00 pm' then looked over to you and said, "Yeah, we can go now." You smiled and said, "Ok! Is it cool if I change really quick?" He nodded and said, "Yeah, I gotta change too so go ahead." You agreed and went to his room, grabbing your new bathing suit and running into the bathroom. You quickly took off your clothes and put on your bathing suit, a bikini that was your favorite color with tiny Hawaiian flowers as a design pattern.

You stepped out the bathroom looking around for Mark and he had just walked into the kitchen, wearing black and pink swim trunks and a white tank top. You paused before walking towards him. Then, you decided to run into his room, grabbing the t-shirt Mark let you wear with the large pixel 'M' on it and put it on over your bathing suit. Then you walked out into the kitchen, seeing Mark drinking a glass of water. Once he saw you out the corner of his eye, he set the cup down and said, "Are you ready?" You nodded with a smile and he threw a towel at you and you caught it. You looked over to Mark and saw he had one of his own and he began to make his way to the door. You quickly followed behind watched as Mark turned to you and said, "Now it's gonna be a bit cold in this hallway, not gonna lie. The pool is on the bottom floor so it's not that far from us."

You nodded your head to him and replied, "Ok." After that, Mark opened the door to let you out first. Once you stepped out, the cold hit you like an embrace of a blanket being wrapped around you. You tensed up and felt goosebumps run down your arms, as well as your legs. Mark quickly locked the door when stepping out into the cold, putting the key in his pocket and quickly walked past you. He looked back while saying, "Come on! It's to cold to just stand out here." He let out a chuckle and you smiled and followed behind.

You both speed walked down the hallway and down the stairs, eventually reaching the bottom floor. You both approached a large room that was surrounded with glass walls but on the inside, you could see a large pool as well as a small hot tub next to it. You also noticed some people that were swimming in the pool. Mark grumbled upon seeing people at the pool and said under his breath, "Oh great, these guys." You looked up at him before he opened the door and asked, "Do you know them?"

Mark opened the door, letting you walk in first and him following behind. As you two entered, he said with a quiet voice, "Yeah, these guys are annoying as hell. See the guy and girl in the pool?" You nodded after taking a side glance and he continued, "Well, that guy lives here and that's his girlfriend. They're both snobby and the old lady sitting in a chair over there is his mom. She's the worst of them." You and Mark approached a small table with two chairs. You both set down the towels and Mark placed his room key under his towel.

"Mark? Is that you?" A familiar voice to Mark caused him to slightly cringe but put on a fake smile and said with a happy tone, "Yeah, it's me! How ya doin' Shelby?" The voice came from the old lady and she spoke in return, "Well, I'll be honest; things were better when I could actually sleep at night without hearing constant screaming from next door." You could hear Mark sigh quietly and speak again but with the same tone, "Yeah," he chuckled, "Sorry about that! I was just playing a new game I found, which, by the way, was wonderful."

Shelby, the old lady, let out a single laugh and said, "Well, I didn't ask but good for you. Hopefully, you'll find a game that won't affect me." Then the boy in the pool let out a quiet chuckle. Mark grunted under his breath and sighed, mumbling, "It's not worth it." You stepped closer to Mark placing a hand on his arm, causing him to look at you and seeing your expression of a nervous smile. He smiled and said, "Ready to get in?" You nodded and Mark slipped off his tank top. You watched him out of the corner of your eye but once his shirt was off, you quickly looked away and took of your own shirt, revealing your bikini.