XVI

Beomgyu's phone alarm went off but instead of turning it off he set it to snooze which would give him another ten minutes to try and fall back asleep. His eyes were burning from the lack of sleep and possibly other reasons. Beomgyu laughed bitterly to himself as he turned over to lay on his stomach. He laid like that for a while and right when he drifted into a slight slumber his phone began to ring again causing him to scream into his pillow. 

"I don't wanna go," he cried, sitting up and turning off his phone. After another minute of whining he managed to drag himself out of bed into the bathroom. "Oh come on" he groaned and hit his puffy cheeks, "Why are you so swollen?" Feeling insecure, he went over to his wardrobe and grabbed an oversized black hoodie paired along with a black face mask,"Mr. Kim wouldn't like this but I don't care." Making sure he has everything he needed, he headed out.

-

"Oh," Kai laughed as Beomgyu entered the stage area, "Good morning sunshine." The grumpy boy growled causing Kai to jump back, "We aren't supposed to debut Cat and Dog until next month silly."

"Funny," Beomgyu eyed him as he went to go put his bag down with the others.

"Anyways, now that everyone is here we should start running through our show so we have time to rest before tonight," Soobin instructed.

Taehyun looked around the area, "Our supervisor isn't here yet."

"They aren't sending one today," Soobin shrugged.

"What? Why not?" Beomgyu asked as he rejoined the group.

Yeonjun furrowed his brows, "What if someone gets hurt?"

"Apparently they're shorthanded," Soobin clicked his tongue, "Something about some new girl students transferring in today."

"New students already?" Kai gasped, "but we just enrolled not too long ago."

"I know it's crazy," Soobin scratched the back of his neck, "As for anyone getting hurt let's hope that doesn't happen but if it does as leader I'll take full responsibility and get them the help they need." Yeonjun leans over and whispers something is Soobin's ear and he nods before whispering something back. 

"Oh my gosh! Are you two dating now?" Kai gushed at the two's smallest interaction.

"No," Soobin shook his head firmly and Yeonjun cast his gaze in the opposite direction of the younger.

"Yeonjun?" Taehyun blinks at him a few times causing the older to look confused.

Yeonjun looked over at Soobin, "Does he know?" Soobin nodded at both of the members.

"What kind of bull is this?" Kai pouted, "Why are you keeping secrets all of a sudden?"

"It's called favoritism Kai," Beomgyu locked eyes with Taehyun for a split second before clasping Kai's hand, "but I don't know what they're talking about either so that makes you my favorite."

"Ah," Kai blushed at the unexpected action, "but Yeonjun is my favorite."

Beomgyu scoffed as he dropped the younger's hand, "Go back to Hawaii."

"Should we just rehearse in the order of the show?" Soobin asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah I would think so," Beomgyu said.

"Well don't you guys want to try flirting with each other first? Just to make sure it's not so awkward tonight, " Taehyun asked.

They all looked around at one another and Beomgyu made the most obviously fake laugh, "Won't they like it better if we're just ourselves?"