XIX

Taehyun looked around the familiar scene. It's only been a few days  since they were last here, but it feels like forever ago. He recalled how jealous he had been over Beomgyu that night only to end up going home with that same boy. Taehyun let a small smile play on his lips before shaking his head, "That's all in the past."

"What's in the past?" Beomgyu asked as he placed their drinks down on the table.

Taehyun jumped at the older's sudden appearance, "Wha-I, uh, nothing!" Taehyun felt his heart start to rate as if he was nervous since they were alone and pushed back his hair in frustration, "Why am I still feeling like this?"

"Hey, you shouldn't be ashamed about how you feel," Beomgyu cocked one eyebrow and tilted his head to the right before sitting in the booth next to Taehyun, instead of the one across, pressing him against the wall like before, "Did you mean to say that out loud?"

"It doesn't matter either way," Taehyun narrowed his eyes to the orange colored drink in front of him, "What is this?"

"It's peach tea," Beomgyu pursed his lips together, "I-I remember at Kai's house he got you a bunch of peach drinks and it made you really happy so I figured..." the golden brown haired boy started to trail off, tapping his fingers anxiously against his own cup, and Taehyun felt a bit guilty for his cold attitude.

"Thank you," Taehyun grinned, "It's my favorite kind of tea behind matcha."

"Matcha! That's the kind you got when we were together," Beomgyu scowled, tugging at his collar, "I should have known you'd like that."

"Hey don't beat yourself up over it," Taehyun chuckled, taking a sip of the sweet drink, "I love peach flavored things and I'm surprised you remembered that considering what all happened that night."

"Yeah," Beomgyu sighed, "I'm really sorry about that I just got nervous and I was scared and I-"

"Stop worrying about it," Taehyun hushed Beomgyu by placing his finger against the older's lips. They stared at each other for a few seconds as both of their cheeks grew pink before Taehyun pulled away, "So what kind of drink did you get?" Taehyun asked, taking note of the slightly darker drink.

"Lavender tea."

"Ah, really?" Taehyun couldn't help but smirk, "I wasn't sure if you actually liked it or not, but I guess my gut feeling is pretty smart."

"I wouldn't go that far," Beomgyu giggled, "I actually never had tea before our little," Beomgyu scrunched his nose, "date."

"Is that really what you called it?" Taehyun rolled his eyes.

"Of course!" Beomgyu gasped, "but I have to ask, why lavender? It's an interesting choice."

"I picked it because of your scent," Taehyun replied, nonchalantly.

"My, uh scent?" Beomgyu looked at the younger confused.

"Yeah, your, wait," Taehyun's face suddenly glowed a bright red.

Beomgyu laughed at the younger's sudden change of mood, "I'm guessing you weren't supposed to say that out loud?"

"I meant, I meant, not your scent," Taehyun rubbed his hands together, trying to avoid eye contact with the other, "It's just your soap, and shampoo, and everything was lavender scented so I figured you would like it," Taehyun looked up at Beomgyu who had a goofy smile plastered on his face, "Don't make it weird!"

"It's a little weird," Beomgyu teased the younger, "but it's thoughtful. I'm just grateful you didn't bring me a glass of water."

"I should have," Taehyun playfully pushed Beomgyu.