Stowaway Chapter 2

What to do? What to do? Shit. I didn't know where to go.

I started to wonder around. I needed to find a place far away from here otherwise he'd find me. I really wish Jay didn't sacrifice himself for me. I don't feel right not knowing if he's safe or not. He either ran off or is with dad enduring literal hell just so that I can get away. Or he's....he's... No. I shook that horrible thought out of my head. I have to get away safely for my brother.

I walked for a while through the forest that separated my house from the main town. As I started to see lights I thought of places I could go. The Fisher's Market? I knew Jerry, the manager there. I could maybe ask if I could crash there for the night. Nah. I would rather not be smelling old fish as I slept.

I passed by the Fisher's Market and headed towards Miss Furry's. It was a fabrics store owned by a sweet old lady. I'd visit there often when I needed needle and thread to sew up Jay's torn clothes when he got home from work.

The thought of my older brother saddened me.

I continued to walk as I appeared in front of the fabric store. It was closed. Of fucking course it was. I sighed. Well there goes option one.

I decided to go to the fisher's market since it's the only other place where I knew someone. I also knew that it was open until midnight and I knew it couldn't have been that late. I walked towards the entrance. Thoughts began to flood my head. What if dad is in here looking for me? What if Jerry calls my dad when I ask if I could stay here? What if dad already called and told him if he sees me then go along with whatever I asked and to call him when I'm all settled in thinking everything is finally okay when really Jerry is on the phone with my dad telling him he's on his way then he comes and surprises me and kills me and sells my head in the market- Oh God!

I felt a shiver down my spine. There was no way I was going into the fisher's market now. I sighed deeply. Well there goes option two.

I just stood there. I stood there and though of other ways but I just couldn't find anything. That is until I saw it.

"I know what to do."

I headed toward the shipping docs. I knew that this was my last resort. I had seen the poster hanging outside of the fisher's market. A cruise boarding TONIGHT! I just gotta find a way to get on the ship.

I stood around the docks thinking of ways to get aboard. I knew that it had to be around 9:30pm because they leave at 10 and there weren't many people left boarding. I might have to sneak on this ship.

"Excuse me young man."

A suspicious older man came from behind me whispering to me in a creepy voice.

"Yes?" I answered shuffling away from the man in small steps.

"It seems to me that you are trying to get on this ship. I have a ticket if you're interested." the strange man said opening his thick black trench coat to reveal the ticket.

"Really! Thank you so much sir. I really need to get on that ship." I said excitedly. I was glad that I had a way onto the ship.

"How much do you have kid?" the man said with a begging face.

"Huh? Oh. You mean money. I don't have any." I said sheepishly pulling my hands out of my pockets to reveal the lint stored inside of them.

"This is the Axton's cruise! The richest people will be aboard this ship. Did you expect the ticket to be free?" the man asked as a frown formed on his face.

"Yeah? Sir, please. I really need that ticket." I begged, this was the only escape I could think of for tonight. I needed this.

"Seems like you'll have to find another way on the ship or you'll be going home." the man said closing his coat.

"NO! Anywhere but there!" I exclaimed. The thoughts of what happened earlier entered my head.

"What's going on over here?"

Suddenly, someone showed up and the stranger ran away. He was dressed nicely in a dark blue blazer with a white button up and black slacks. His dark blonde hair hung above his ears and the front was styled like waves. His green eyes staring right into my brown ones.

"That weird man was trying to sell me a ticket for this cruise. But i didn't have any money." I said honestly.

"You wanna get aboard?" the stranger asked with a nonchalant expression.

"I NEED to get aboard!" I said shamelessly.

"I can help you sneak in. Follow me." the stranger turned around, hands in the pockets of his slacks. I know I shouldn't just trust someone random but I was desperate at this point.

"Oh thank you so much. I'm David by the way." I said, a bright wide smile across my face.

The stranger looked back at me to introduce himself but quickly turned his head back forward. "A-Alex."

I walked idly behind him. For some odd reason, he made me a little nervous. I just hope he can get me on this ship.

We were close to the doors, about to pass the security guards. I was anxious. At the door, they addressed him professionally. "Good evening Mr. Axton." Axton? Didn't that strange man say this was the Axton's cruise? What was he, some kind of celebrity? Alex walked by the guards and I followed closely behind him hoping the guards wouldn't say anything.

"Ticket young man?" said one of the guards as I tried to scurry by.

"I-I" my words were caught in my throat. I didn't know what to say.

"If you don't have a ticket you're gonna have to leave the ship." said the guard with an aggressive expression.

"He's with me." Alex stated with the same nonchalant expression from before.

"Of course sir." said the guard as he moved out of the way to let me inside of the ship.

The guards went back to their positions as Alex and I walked some more. I took 3 deep breaths. This was crazy. Who is this guy? I don't even know where I would stay on this ship. Ugh. Why did I choose to escape to here? I hope Jay is okay.

The main corridor was so long. It seemed like we were walking for hours.

"Um. Who are you-" I asked but I was cut off by Alex.

"Alright, here's the main enterance. You're on your own from now. See ya!" Alex said casually turning around to leave a different way.

"H-hey! What the hell?!" I yelled as he walked away.

He's just gonna leave me here? I've never even been on a ship before! Alex walked into a side door along the main hall.

What to do? What to do? Shit. I didn't know where to go. Again. Ugh.