Stowaway Chapter 4

David's POV

I can't believe they almost seen me crying.

Once I heard the ship start up, all thoughts of Jay appeared in my mind. I was leaving him behind. With that monster. What if I never see him again? I couldn't really focus on what was going on around me and Alex placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" he asked with a concerned expression.

"Haha. Nothing really." I said with a weak smile then looked back down at my shoes.

I heard Desirée whisper to Alex. "Just let it go for now."

We continued to walk to I guess an infirmary. Ugh why was this ship so huge. It's like...bigger than the Titanic. Hopefully it doesn't sink.

I didn't notice that they had stopped in front of a door so I ran right into the back of Alex. "Sorry." I blushed. He quickly turned around and mumbled 'it's okay.'

He unlocked the door with his access card. This dude has access to an infirmary? What the hell? We walked inside and Desirée asked me to take a seat on one of the hospital beds in the middle of the huge room. I sat patiently.

"May I remove your...bandage?" asked Desirée confused as to what was surrounding the wound on my hand.

"Sure." I replied quietly.

She removed the the towel Jay had used to attempt to clean my wound from my hand. She got up to throw it away and I quickly grabbed at her hand to take it away from her.

"Sorry. I want to keep it." I said shyly knowing I may have sounded weird. She nodded.

"You sure do say sorry a lot." Alex said as he approached the both of us with a first aid kit that looked super professional.

"Sorr- Uh yeah, I do." I bit my lip.

He quickly turned around again and I just looked down at Desirée who was now bent down looking at my wound.

"Ouch. Looks like it hurts." she said scrunching up her face.

"It hurts really bad actually ." I laughed.

She smiled at me. She began to clean the wound for me although I know I can take care of myself but I just let her do it. "Well what happened anyway?" she asked after a while.

"Oh. This was an accident. Me and my br-" I paused.
"I fell over a can onto some glass." I said quietly looking down. Why was I acting so weird in front of them. I'm not usually like this.

"Why did you want to get on this ship?" asked Alex bending down right next to Desirée.

"Yeah. Uh I was running from someone, somewhere. But don't worry. Haha. The person I'm running from would only be interested in me so I won't get you guys caught up in my situation. Either way you seem like you have a lot of money and power and HEY by the way who the hell are you and why do you seem like you have money and power?" I asked not realizing what I was saying. "Shit. Ignore that question."

"Haha. No it's fine. Uh my dad is in the travel industry and our family owns a worldwide travel company. Haven't you heard of Axton Overseas?"

"Actually no. Sorry." I said really not knowing what it was.

"Chill with the 'sorry' haha. But anyways, yeah, we own many airlines and cruises and whatnot. I'm supposed to be taking over the companies when I turn 21 and it's been a lot of work but it's pretty fun sometimes. I've been to a lot of places." said Alex looking like he enjoyed talking to me. I enjoyed talking to him too.