run away (×)

It was one of those normal nights for you. One where your dad would come home from the bar as drunk as ever. He yelled at you for what seemed like forever before striking you. His hand rose quickly and met your face, leaving a bright red hand mark.

You were done. Tears flowed from your (e/c) eyes as you packed your bag quickly, throwing what little clothes you had in. After you dad had started drinking your family cut off all communication from him, forgetting all about you. Soon, you got over it.

Having no communication with family, you had no where to go. Half the time you skipped school so you had no friends. You didn't mind... but sometimes you did.

Being lonely affects how you see the world. It becomes way more depressing and you don't want to live in it most the time.

The tv in the living room was turned up loudly and your dad sat there, alcohol at hand, watching the tv taking huge sips of his beer. You tiptoed behind him and went out the front door, making no noise at all.

You walked on the concrete, eyes glued to the ground the whole time until you bumped into something or someone.

"Watch where you're-" Jerking your head up, you see a dark haired boy standing in front of you with a blank face.

You tried covering your face to stop him from seeing the tears but he already saw them and he was highly concerned. "Are- are you okay?" he questioned, placing two fingers under your chin making you look up at him.

"I-I'm fine."

"No. You are not."

"How would you know?"

"Because I'm smart and by the looks of it you're running away." he glanced at your bookbag and then back at you.

You stayed quiet as he stuck his hand out, expecting you to shake it. "My name is Five."

"Why-"

"Long story," he groaned, scratching the back of his neck. "Tell me yours."

"(y/n)." you spoke.

"Beautiful. Where are you going this late?" you shrugged. "Don't tell me your running away with nowhere to go."

You were but why would you tell this boy? You just met him and you don't know if you should trust him or not. He looks really innocent, it's not gonna hurt to trust him i guess, you thought, eyeing Five with suspension.

"Maybe I don't. What're gonna do about it?"

"Take you home." your cheeks lit up and you gasped. He gave you a weird look and turned around. "Okay, then, see ya."

"W-wait." You reached out and grabbed his arm, making him turn and raise an brow. You gulped. "I- uh- why do you want to take me home?"

He casually pointed down to your arm. You looked down and saw blood staining your hoodie. Jumping, you hide it behind your back. "C'mon." He put his hand out in front of you and you took it.

whoosh.

Suddenly you were in what you guessed was his room. "I- How did you do that?!"

"Let me see your arm."

At first you hesitated but then he grabbed your arm and pulled your sleeve up. He disappeared from the room with a whoosh and came back with medical supplies. He wrapped your arm up and kissed your forehead.

"You're gonna be alright. Get some rest, you need it."

"In here?"

"Yeah. Goodnight."

whoosh.

You covered yourself in his comforter and shut your eyes soon falling asleep with a tiny smile.

*

*cri* I hope you liked this.