chapter 8

"Mother, his majesty wants to send me to the cold palace..."
I said with eyes full of tears. I thanked my mother in my mind for giving her drama queen genes.

"WHAT!"
Empress dowager slammed the tea cup down and looked at me with wide eyes. She quickly signaled all her maids and guards to go further away from us and Huyin also followed them.

"Yes mother... His majesty also said that he would take my title away and give it to concubine Ying. What am I going to do now mother..."
Big fat tears were rolling down my cheeks now.

"How could he do something like that! I know what kind of woman that concubine Ying is. What is on my sons mind to take such an idiotic decision?"
Empress dowager rambled angrily and looked at me her eyes blazing.
"Meifeng my child don't worry. I would do anything I can to help you."
She took my hand to hers and squeezed tightly.

After talking for a while empress dowager left promising to help me.

"Your highness, what happened there? What did empress dowager tell you?"
Huyin asked me that night while combing my hair. She seemed to on edge with all these worries.

"She said she will help me. I don't know Huyin, let's just wait and see what is going to happen."
I said with a deep sign. Empress dowager is my last chance. If it is of no use then I would have to think about a plan B.

........................................................................................................................

Another two days passed silently and there was no news from empress dowager. Even though I am starting to get used to this life, living like this is pretty boring. I've always been a party girl surrounded by lots of friends but in here my only friend is Huyin.

Third day morning Huyin barged in to my room sweating like a pig. This is her usual routing when bringing bad news so I signed and got ready to hear another bad news.

"Your highness... this is bad... really bad..."
She panted trying to catch her breath.

"Calm down Huyin. Just take deep breaths and tell me the bad new..."
I said calmly.

Huyin took few deep breaths as I instructed and calmed down a bit before start talking.
"Your highness... I was doing some laundry and I overheard some eunuchs talking. They said emperor has ordered you to go to the cold palace. They also said concubine Ying will become the new empress soon..."
She dropped the bomb.

I stood up straight. Sh!t this is bad, very bad. Seems like that talk with the empress dowager was useless.
i phased around the room thinking about what I'm going to do but a knock in the door interrupt my trains of thoughts.

"Who is there?"
I asked loudly.

"Your highness it is eunuch Dojing. I came here with an imperial order from his majesty..."
The person from the other side of the door answered.

I signaled Huyin to open the door and got ready to hear the news.
A man entered the room and bowed.
"Your highness. I came here with an imperial order from his majesty the emperor..."

"Alright... go on..."

"Your highness, his majesty ordered you to go to the cold palace in three days. All of your belongings and maid servants will be sent there with you..."
He announced and bowed.

"Alright eunuch Dojing... Tell his majesty that I obeyed his order willingly and will be starting living in the cold palace in three days."
I said calmly like any empress would do.
The eunuch nodded his head and left after bowing down.

After closing the door Huyin drooped on the floor wailing.
"Oh my empress... What are going to do...?"
She sobbed soundly.

I sat on the bed and started thinking of a plan. I've read enough comics in my previous life to know going to the cold palace means the end. That viper Ying will become the empress soon and then I'll be good as dead.

I straightened up when the golden idea came to my mind. I am a strong girl from twenty first century, not a weak girl who would get bullied like a loser. There is no way in hell I would be staying here to suffer. No way in million years I would go to that cold palace and suffer in there.
I am going to run away from this hell hole.

That imperial order can go to hell.
That stupid emperor can also go to hell with his precious Ying.
I am running away leaving all this palace drama behind. I know what I have to do once I'm out of this palace gates. They'll never be able to find me.
I smirked forming a complete plan in my head perfectly and looked at Huyin.

"Hey Huyin. Stop crying. I know what we should do. Come on Huyin we have lot to do and there is no time to waste...."
I said grinning like a Cheshire cat.