Chapter 17

I got dressed on the dull dress that Huyin brought with her and hid the beautiful dress I was wearing under the bed of the motel room that we rented. It was such a shame to leave a beautiful dress like that but in hard times we have to make sacrifices. Then with the help of Huyin, we parceled as much as gold we can carry along with other remaining jewelry. After some time two men knocked on our door.

"Madam, master Lang sent us here. He ordered us to collect two boxes that belong to his friend."
The older guy said with a bow.

"Oh... Do you know Master Lang's friend's name?"
I asked curiously.

"No madam. All we know is that he is a noble man from a faraway land."
Replied the same guy.

"Hmm... Here are the boxes. They are quite heavy though."
I pointed at the two boxes. As long as fewer people know our identity, the better. The two guys lift the boxes with ease. They seemed really strong.

"Huyin, let's go to the alleyway now. Kaiyu must be waiting for us there."
I said picking up my money pouch and Huyin followed me wordlessly.
When we reached to the alleyway Kaiyu was already there waiting for us with a horse cart full of hay.

"Your highness, what are you planning on doing now?"
He asked jumping off of the cart. Just as my instructions he was dressed like a farmer and his disguise was pretty good.

"Huyin and I are going to hide in this stack of hay. When you face guards tell them that you are a farmer. Just say anything and let's leave this hell hole quickly."
I said helping Huyin with getting on the cart and hiding.

"Y-Your highness... These hay are really itchy. It won't be comfortable for you to hide here."
Huyin whined already starting to scratch her face.

"We don't have another choice Huyin. Firstly, those palace guards will look for two women and a man once they got to know about our escapade. If we can flee hiding it will give us more time... Now stop whining and let me hide. Oh, and do not move or make any sound until we are out of these city gates. Got it?"
I narrowed my eyes at her and she responded nodding her head.
With Kaiyu's help I was able to hide myself perfectly as well.

"Kaiyu... Stop the cart somewhere there is no one is around after we got out of the city."
I said him before hiding and started praying to the god.

After few minutes our cart was stopped, most likely at the city gate. Chatter of men could be heard and I didn't even dare to breath. Just few minutes later I felt the cart moving again and only then I was able to take the much needed breath. After that Kaiyu didn't stop the cart for a long time and I didn't want to take a risk peeking out.
After about thirty minutes or some later the cart stopped ending the most painful journey I've experienced in my whole life.

"Your highness... you can come out now. We are safe."
I heard Kaiyu's voice and quickly got off of the cart and Huyin followed me with urgency.

"God... that was a pure torture..."
I said dusting my clothes.

"Heavens!"
Huyin gasped behind me.

I turned around to look at her but she was looking around her mouth agape. I also looked around to see what she was looking at.

"What an actual hell is this?"
A gasp came out of my mouth as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person POV

At the imperial palace.

"Your majesty, the imperial guard Zang is here."
The eunuch who has been waiting at the door of emperor's chambers announced.