Chapter 3:

"Alex hunny, have you got everything ready for school tomorrow?" "yes mum Iv packed my books, my lunch is in the fridge and Iv got my uniform ready, mum as much as I appreciate your help, you know I'm not a little kid anymore and I know what I'm doing, I don't need you to baby me all the time anymore". I hate it when she does this, I'm sixteen not six for gods sake! I know it sounds a bit cliche but I'm old enough to make my own decisions, even if it is only about what to put in my sandwich. My mum sighs, "you're growing up so fast kiddo, I remember when you relied on me for everything". I feel slightly sad for my mum now, she only has my brother who's thirteen and myself to take care of. Ever since what happened to my father just over six months ago, she hasn't been the same. She's always up late at night I sometimes hear her crying herself to sleep, I constantly try to comfort her but sometimes it's just no use. I try to forget everything that has just come to my mind and look at my mum, "I love you mum, sweet dreams", "I love you too darling, goodnight."

I stay awake until about midnight on my phone, I'm a bit nervous about school tomorrow, it's my first day at Carwell Highschool and I don't know anyone there. My brothers in year seven and I'm in year ten so there's no chance that I will be hanging out with him, image that... Id be the laughing stock of the school! I scroll through Facebook and no one that I actually like talking to is online, I decide to text Lucy.

*Me: hey Lu :/

Surprisingly I get a text back seconds later, I thought she'd be asleep by now!

*Bestfriend: hey what's up ???

*Me: I CANT SLEEP LUCY IM GOING TO KMS IM SO NERVOUS ABOUT TOMORROW!

*Bestfriend: ALEXANDRA BIANCA SMITH CALM DOWN BEFORE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK! You will be fine, I promise you will make heaps of friends like common look at you with your long wavy brown hair, green eyes and cheesy smile! ;)

*Me: you're too kind Lucy Anne Johnson, you're too kind! :D

*Me: oh btw I had to go earlier coz there was a rlly rlly hot guy jogging on the beach, I almost died!

*Bestfriend: WHAT?!? What did he look like?! Did you get his name? Does he go to your school?!

*Me: he had brown hair, that kind of hair you just want to mess up because it's so perfect... all done up and shit, he was in the distance so I didn't see his eye colour but his definitely tanned and I have to admit he was pretty toned, his pretty sexy! I didn't actually talk to him and if I did I think I would have fainted.... So lucky haha! I hope he goes to Carwell! He better be single to!

*Bestfriend: Let me know if he had any hot mates yeah? ;)

*Me: don't I always?! ;)