CHAPTER 1

Karin's POV

"KIKO!" I hear Santos yell as he enters our apartment, well his apartment he doesn't forget to remind me everyday he owns everything in this apartment, including me

"Hi baby" I say as lean to kiss him but he quickly grabs me and pulls me beside him. "Am I the only person standing here? I know I taught you manners, greet everybody" he says to me.

"I'm sorry. Hi Tonio, Santos y-you didn't really give me a chance to speak to anybody but—" I say shakily, he gave me a look so I just shutup. I don't want to make him mad today, my black eye just went away. "Did you cook?" Santos asks me

"Yes, I made bbq chicken and —"
"Good, go make us a plate. We going to watch the game" He says while walking into the living room. I go into the kitchen to make their plates, making sure I put enough on both plates I go back into the living room. "Here you go" I say while handing them their food.

"Thanks Kiko" Tony says to me, Santos said nothing as always. I really don't understand why he treats me so badly and I do everything for him. If I could leave I would've left years ago but with no family & no money, I'm stuck. I go into the kitchen to fix my plate then take a seat at the dining table so I can eat.

"Kiko bring me something to drink!" I hear Santos yell, I roll my eyes while going into the kitchen to get him & Tonio something to drink. "Here" I say as toss the Gatorades on the couch. "Bitch don't be throwing shit. fuck wrong witchu! don't piss me off Kiko" Santos yells at me. "Sorry" I say while going back into the dining area to finish eating.

——

"Somebody real is hard to find

"Somebody real is hard to find..." I sing along softly to Tink Treat Me Like Somebody, while smoking a blunt. Santos left again, so this my time to relax and just be to myself for a minute. Sitting here thinking how I left my life get to this point, here I am 6 years deep into an abusive controlling relationship I can't get out of.

I didn't want this for myself, I had dreams but that all changed when I met Santos. I met him when I was 17, he wasn't always like this he used to be so sweet and caring. Bouncing from foster home to foster home, it made it hard for me to trust people but it was different with Javier, he was the only consistent thing in my life. He brung me peace and happiness, I actually loved him at one point but I'm not sure if I love him anymore.

Flashback: 6 years ago (2013)

"What can I get for $5" Karin asks the cashier at Pablo's, "Nada mamí" he says to her, "Please this all the money I have there's have to be something I could get" she pleads to him "Sorry mamí" he says while ringing up a customer

"Ay wait..get what you want I gotchu" the customer says to Karin, "No it's fine I don't want to be a bother" she kindly declines, while leaving the restaurant. Karin proceeds to walk to the nearest bus stop and wait there for the next one so she can get back to the group home, curfew is soon and she can't be late.

"Excuse me?" Karin hears a voice say, she looks up and notices it's the same boy from the restaurant. "Yes?" she reply cautiously, "I know you said you okay but I got you some food anyway" he says to Karin while handing her the bag. "Thank you" she says shyly while pulling her hair behind her ear.

"I'm Javier but you can call me Santos" he says while sitting next to Karin. "I'm Karin" she replies, while looking down to avoid eye contact. He softly grabs her face, so she can look at him, "Your too beautiful, don't hide your face" she looks at him in the eye and smiles softly,

"Thank you" Karin said to Javier "Why you out here by yourself? Its getting late" he says to her, "I'm waiting for the bus, hopefully it comes soon I can't miss curfew" Karin prays to herself the bus comes soon, if she misses curfew Mrs. Taylor won't let her eat breakfast. "I could take you home if you want, I'm parked right there" Javier says while pointing to an black BMW

"Uh...—"
"Come on, it'll be fine, can't miss curfew right?" Javier says, while flashing his million dollar smile. Karin accepts his offer & follows him to his car. In her head she thinks this is the start of something amazing, she was sadly mistaken..

—————————————————

Well here's the first chapter! Please tell me what you think. This story will consist of a lot of flashbacks, to give you an insight on Karin's life and her relationship with Santos.