CHAPTER 7

Javier's POV

Flashback; (7 years old)

"Mama look!" Javier excitedly run into the kitchen to show his mama his drawing he did today in school.

"Wow, good job baby it looks so pretty ima hang it on the fridge"

Suddenly, the front door slams and Javier's father appears in the kitchen, "Lil J go in ya room lemme talk to ya mama real quick"

"Ok daddy" Javier runs off

*SMACK* "How many times I gotta tell you to stop tellin our fucking business Sheila!" Javier's father yells

"What are you taking about!?" his mother yells back, while holding her face.

"I just seen Lucky down at da bootlegga! How he know I've been laid off if yo ass ain't been running yo mouth huh!"

"Denise musta said something cus I told her, that's my sister what do you expect Rob! we are behind on rent so i asked her for help"

Robert approached Sheila and grabbed her by neck & slammed her against the refrigerator. The smell of liquor is evident on his breath, "Stop telling those bitches our fucking business & I'm not gonna tell you again. I don't want nobody thinking I can't take care of my family, I got this"

"Maybe if you stop wasting our money on fucking liquor we wouldn't be in this position!" Shelia spat in his face

Robert then backhands Shelia and she falls over the counter, he walks over & looks her in the face "I said what I said & don't make me repeat myself"

He grabs his keys & walks out the front door. Shelia gets up and picks up the dishes Robert knocked over. She turns around and sees Javier standing there with tears in his eyes.

Javier watched what went down between his mother & father, it was the first time he ever seen his dad hit his mom and at this point he didn't know what to think.

"Aw come here baby" she pulls Javier in for a hug. "I'm okay...It's all gonna be okay" she says through tears while kissing him on the forehead.
————————————

Three Months Later..

"Kiko! You ready yet?" I say while checking my phone. We been at this damn mall for hours now, dis bitch can sho fuckin shop!