CHAPTER 16

Layla's POV

This has been the longest month of my life, the love of my life is laying in this hospital bed fighting for his life and it's nothing I can do

This has been the longest month of my life, the love of my life is laying in this hospital bed fighting for his life and it's nothing I can do. Me and Tonio been dealing with each other on and off for about 4 years, it's not an ideal relationship but I can't imagine my life with out him.

"Good morning Ms. Vasquez" Doctor Smith said to me as he entered the room, most of the staff on this floor know me by name since I haven't really left the hospital since Tonio was shot.

"Anything new?" I ask sadly, ready to hear the same thing I been hearing for a month.

"No, Im sorry.. at this point its all up to Antonio to when he's gonna wake up. All his vitals are stable and all neurological test came back negative. So we have no worries that he's not recovering, He just has to wake up on his own."

I wipe my tears "But it's been a month! I just don't understand if everything is fine why won't he just wake up" I say stressfully.

"Antonio was shot three times, two chest shots and one in his lower abdomen. He went through two intensive surgeries, it's not unusual for him to still be in a coma.. his body just need rest"

Deeply sighing, I just nod my head and rub my stomach... because I had nothing to say & there was nothing I could do.. We just need him back.

"Hey pooh!" Karin says softly, while entering the room.

"I'll send his nurse in to change his bandages and give him his medicine" Doctor Smith says while leaving.

Karin pulls me into a hug and just let me cry on her shoulder. "I know.. I know, just let it out. I been praying he's gonna wake up soon.. I know it" She says to me in a comforting tone.

——————————
Karin's POV

——————————Karin's POV

"So..." I start saying while cutting into my chicken parmesan..

Layla quickly looks at me "what?! you pregnant?!"

"Gir— hell nawl" I say while laughing. "Um, I was just tryna figure out how to tell you, they found Javier & Dre..."

"Well that's great. I hope dem bitches suffer & rot in fucking hell."