Chapter Six-Only a Kiss

Guess who lost half of his progress on this chapter and is so far into writing the book that he has no idea what to do to finish it ::))))))

This chapter was supposed to be
°°°
Connor
Evan isn't at breakfast. Jared doesn't seem too worried about it.

"Do you think something happened to him?" I ask, sighing as I look down at my plate. We're back to pancakes.

"To Evan? Fuck no." He takes a bite of his sausage- a new thing on the 'menu'- and shrugs. "He probably just got discharged."

"And didn't tell us?"

"Do you think he'd want to tell us?" I bite my lip. He gives me a knowing look. "I'll text him later." A few silent minutes pass, and he sighs. "I'm getting discharged tomorrow."

I want to yell. I want to scream and yell and cry until my throat hurts so bad that I can't anymore. But I can't, so I just nod. He gives me a soft look.

I could never have guessed what happens next.

He leans over the table, and connects his lips to mine.

The kiss is over before I realize that it happens. Jared was in front of me, then our faces were touching in a certain way, and now he's gone. I can't see my face, but I know that it's probably red.

Jared just kissed me.

His lips were really soft.

°°°
Jared

Connor. I kissed Connor! I made my lips touch his and I fucking kissed him! What was I thinking?

I flop onto 'my' bed, groaning into 'my' pillow. He'll never want to talk to me again. Well, he did kind of flirt with me yesterday. Still, it was completely platonic.

Fuck, but I love Evan.

But I also love Connor.

This is a tragedy! Who will I choose!?

Just kidding. I've known that I love Evan and Connor for a while now. They're both amazing, and now that I've met them, I can't imagine life without them.

But I'm weird. We'll never actually be together, so I'm left to fantasize a relationship that will never actually happen. Don't you worry, though. I'm sure I'll find somebody in hell- where I belong.

For now, I'll just sit in my own world of sorrows. I huff, rolling onto my back. The nurses are going to kill me if they find out that I skipped therapy, but I doubt they will. This isn't the highest quality place out there, and they don't really care about their jobs.

Well, except when they're dealing with Turner. Only when they have to stick a needle in a kids ass cheek they care.

I didn't realize until now how weird this room smells. It's like artificial happiness, whatever that smells like. I feel like I'm on crack. Am I on crack? Maybe I'm secretly being drugged. Maybe the government is putting shit into those dry pancakes they give us.

There's a bang on the door, and I quickly jump to open it. I'd give anything to stay locked in here, safe and away from Connor, but I'm not looking to get bootyjuiced today. Reluctantly, I twist the doorknob and open the door.

Connor is now standing in front of me. His eyes are puffy.

"Connor? What's wro-" quickly, he wraps his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Thank you, Jared."

"What for?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

"Being here for me."

"Oh."