Chapter Thirteen-We're Here

Tell me what you think about this story, I'm having a lot of fun writing it and it seems to be okay but I'm still insecure about it so if you could drop some honest opinions here that would mean a lot!! :)
Anyways, enough wasting your time (which, I'm already kind of doing. Stop staring at your phone and go outside and get some exercise, smh) onto the book!

°°°
Connor:

I pull up into Evan's driveway. Jared's car is already here. He's sitting on the porch, his chin resting on his palm. A bored expression is painted on his pink-turning face. My eyes widen, and I quickly get out of the jeep.

"Jared, it's forty degrees out! Jesus christ, put on a sweater!" I yell, slipping my sweater off and handing it to him. He reluctantly puts it on. "How long have you been out here?"

"Like, fifteen minutes. He won't let me in." Jared pouted, crossing his arms. I sigh, pulling him up by the arm. I turn on my phone, going to Evan's contact and tapping the call button.

"Hello?"

"I'm here, you can let us in now."

"Sorry!" He squeaks, and the line goes dead. Not even two seconds later, the door opens.

"He's freezing! Evan Hansen, you are cruel." I say, ruffling Jared's hair and pulling him inside with me.

"Connor, I'm not dying. It's not that cold." I shake my head, grabbing his hand and shoving it into Evan's hand. Evan jumps.

"Jared, you are cold!" Evan says, letting go of his hand and wrapping his arms around him. I raise my eyebrows. Jared rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry, I was just, I didn't realize that it was so cold out there, I'm so sor-"

"Jeez, Ev, you're fine." Jared says. He pulls away, looking into Evan's eyes. "Have you been sleeping?"

"Yeah."

"Eating regularly?"

"Yes."

"Good." Jared smiles, jokingly patting Evan on the head. "I'm proud of you." Evan blushes. There's a beat of silence. "We should go for a walk." Jared suggests. Evan nods.

"Where?" I ask. Jared shrugs.

"Just around."

°°°
Okay, so we might be lost, and the temperature might have dropped by fifteen degrees, and all of our phones might be dead, but it's all fine! Everything's fine!

That was a lie. I can't feel my arms, Evan's on the verge of a panic attack, and Jared is... Well, he's Jared.

"We'll be fine. If we can just find the nearest gas station-" Jared says. He's attempting to comfort Evan, but he isn't really getting anywhere.

"Shitshitshit, we're going to die out here!" Evan blabs, nervously running a hand through his hair.

"Nobody's going to die." I mumble, rubbing the goosebumps on my arms. Evan has his own sweater, and if Jared didn't have mine, he'd be cold, and I care about him more than I care about me, so no way in hell am I taking it away from him.

"We've been walking for hours," Jared groans, taking off his glasses and cleaning them on his shirt. "What time is it?"

"Jared, it's been at most an hour and a half. Calm down." I say. Jared shakes his head.

"We're in the middle of nowhere."

"I'm aware of that."

"Can we please just take a break? Please?"