fifteen.

"take a seat, kid," coach wang told him. junmyeon frowned, but sat down.

"uh... did i do something wrong?" junmyeon asked, fixing his sweater a bit.

"join the team," coach wang told him. junmyeon frowned.

"coach wang, what're you going on about?" junmyeon asked, pushing his glasses up.

"we saw you playing, dumbass," minho told him, looking thoroughly upset, "why the hell are you playing football with the daegu team?"

"uh... cause their kicker and captain is my cousin?" junmyeon said in a 'duh' voice, "and i'm really good friends with all of them, including the coach?"

"oh yeah, that jungkook player," coach wang wiggled his eyebrows at junmyeon, "you both seemed really close."

"kookie?" junmyeon asked, surprised, "well yeah, he was my best friend before i moved to seoul in sixth grade."

"babe!" a voice shouted. junmyeon blinked, recognizing the voice as jungkook's. he looked over minho's shoulder, seeing jungkook running towards them, mark chasing him.

"yeah, kookie?" junmyeon asked, standing up. jungkook caught his breath, looking behind him only to see his coach.

"shit, okay, okay," jungkook told mark, "i'm not gonna ram them down, alright? i know."

"thank fucking god," mark sighed, looking to coach wang, "oh, hello. i'm coach tuan."

"jackson wang," coach wang responded, shaking his hand.

"baby, you forgot your phone," jungkook said, handing junmyeon his cell phone.

"oh, thanks, kookie," junmyeon said, taking it from him and then pocketing it. jungkook nodded, staring down minho.

"this asshole bugging you, myeon?" jungkook asked, standing protectively in front of junmyeon, "do you want me to beat him up?"

"what? no, kooks," mark sighed, "did you take your anger management pills?"

"yes, i'm feeling very calm, coach," jungkook nodded at mark, "but i will still destroy this little dipshit if he's messing with my junmyeon."

"sorry, coach, i've got him," yoongi said, running up from nowhere and grabbing jungkook's arm. jungkook pulled away.

"no, these bitches are bugging him," jungkook shook his head. yoongi's gaze morphed into a mean death glare as he looked to minho and the rest of the team.

"are you picking on my baby cousin?" yoongi asked, standing next to jungkook. junmyeon let out a small groan.

"guys, everything is fine," junmyeon told them, "they're not bugging me, it was coach wang that called me over."

"i'll knock you out, man," yoongi told coach wang, both he and jungkook turning to him, "it'll take me less than a second, junmyeon, just give me the go ahead and i'll have his head on a stick."

"what? no, guys," junmyeon shook his head, "go back to your side of the field. i'm good here."

"no, i think i'll wait with you till the game starts," jungkook shook his head, arm wrapping around junmyeon. junmyeon looked to mark.

"alright, alright, that's enough," mark said, shaking his head as he grabbed both yoongi and jungkook by the ear, "if he wanted you to knock some skulls together, he'd have told you, stop smothering him."

"he's small and doesn't know how to throw a punch!" jungkook exclaimed as he was pulled away, "must protect the small bean, coach!"

"oh for the love of christ," junmyeon sighed, shaking his head as he looked back to coach wang, "choose your next words carefully, i can still call them back here. jungkook will ram you down, it's his specialty."

"you should join the team," coach wang told junmyeon, "we saw you playing with the daegu kids. you're really good."

"oh, that?" junmyeon asked, "no thanks, i'm not interested."

"oh come on, junmyeon, you were incredible over there," coach wang said, trying to convince him, "you can step in for minho."

"what?" minho asked, shocked, "coach, no way!"

"no thanks, i'm not trying to get milkshakes dumped on me come monday morning," junmyeon shook his head and coach wang sat him down again, "besides, i couldn't even if i wanted to. those guys are my friends over there. they're family, coach wang, and i couldn't play against them."

"why not?" coach wang asked.

"cause i'd win, duh," junmyeon said, "do you really think that if i played, they would play fair? they'd go easy because i'm on the team, and i'm not gonna put them in the position to lose the game just oh, look, the nerd can throw a football."

"junmyeon, listen to me," coach wang said. junmyeon shook his head.

"no. i said no," junmyeon frowned, "first of all, i don't care for playing football. watching? sure. playing for fun with my friends? sure. but on a team of guys who don't even like me against some of my closest friends? no, coach, it isn't gonna happen. plus, you know, i'm lazy as hell and i'm just not into it."

"damn it, junmyeon, why must you have morals?" coach wang whined. junmyeon laughed.

"sorry, coach," junmyeon said, "am i free to go now?"

"nah, sit on the bench with me so i don't get lonely," coach wang shrugged, "worth a shot, eh?"

"i applaud your efforts," junmyeon nodded, "the game is about to start. can i see your plays?"

"sure? let me guess, you're gonna change them?" coach wang asked, handing him the clipboard.

"yeah, probably," junmyeon nodded, scanning over them and reconstructing them before handing the clipboard back to coach wang, "no way you would've won with those plays, wang."

"oh... these are smart," coach wang said. junmyeon nodded.

"yeah. those guys over there, they're fast and they're stronger than you gave them credit for," junmyeon said, glancing to where the daegu team was huddled, "at least now you have an even chance."

"cool. alright, boys, huddle up. new plays," coach wang said, quickly going over the plays with the team. yixing glanced to junmyeon. junmyeon smiled at him when no one was looking.

"good luck," junmyeon mouthed at him. yixing grinned, winking at junmyeon before looking back to coach wang to go over the new plays. junmyeon inwardly squealed, playing with his fingers.

routing for only you, zhang yixing.