Chapter three

Tw⚠️ mentions of child abuse

It was the next day, Caspian was up early again, the little boy climbed out of the tent, he zipped it back up not wanting any bugs to get in.

Today it was only Shane, Dale, Lori and Carl who were up, Caspian waddled over to Shane, Lori and Carl were by him talking.
"Hey buddy, up early again?" Shane asked. Caspian nodded his head, he was usually always up early.

"Did you sleep good?" Caspian shook his head, he definitely didn't sleep good, he barley slept at all.
"No, and why's that?" Shane asked picking up little Cas, he placed the boy onto his lap holding him close.

"Scawy dweam," Lori looked over, the little boy had started to speak using two words instead of one, the only problem was he spoke with a lisp making it hard to understand him.

"You had a scary dream?" Shane asked the boy, he nodded his head rubbing his eyes, it looked like he had already cried earlier.
"Y...yeah," Caspian clutched onto Shane's shirt, his tiny fingers wrapped around the fabric, his little body was shaking with fear.

"What happened in the scary dream?" the little boy had to think about that, how was he going to explain with his lisp.
          "Mommy, daddy, bad, hit," Shane immediately knew what he meant, this wasn't his first time working with children who had been abused.

"Your parents used to hit you?" Shane asked, Caspian nodded his head,he turned away from Shane hiding his face in Shane's shirt.
"It was just a scary dream, they can't hurt you anymore," Shane whispered into his ear rocking the little boy back and forth.

"Find me?" Caspian asked, his voice slightly muffled by Shane's shirt.
"No, they won't ever find you and even if they do I won't let them hurt you," Lori handed Shane a plate full of food and a fork.

"Open up big guy," Caspian opened up his mouth, Shane moved the fork around whilst making airplane noises, the little boy let out a small giggle.
"And we've landed," the fork landed in Caspian's mouth, Shane gave the boy a small smile.

-

Eventually little Caspian had finished most of his food, after breakfast Carl, Sophia and Caspian ran off to go play in the woods.
The two older kids had managed to lose the toddler in the woods, they hadn't told any of the adults yet because they didn't want to get in trouble.

Sophia walked into a little gathering of tree, there sat a walker, she froze up in her spot, fear taking over her. Carl followed close behind Sophia, spotting the walker seconds after she did. Carl's appearance startled Sophia, making her realize the severity of the situation they were in.
-

Caspian was curled up in a little hole in the ground, he was covered in dirt and blood, whilst running earlier he had tripped and fell on a bunch of sharp sticks causing the bleeding.

Caspian had heard the screams but he was to scared to do anything, he wanted to find Glenn,Shane, and everyone else, he wanted to be back at camp safe and sound.

He wanted just Glenn. The little boy let out a tiny sob, he didn't know his way back, he was scared and lost, he didn't know what to do.

-

"Carl, Carl are you okay?" Lori ran over to her son bringing him into a tight hug.
"Are you bit, are you hurt?" Carl shook his head lightly, he was crying heavily.
"We...we left him out there mom, he could be out there all alone and scared" Carl cried, he felt horrible for leaving Caspian out there all by himself.

"Are you telling me that you and Sophia left Caspian out there by himself with a walker on the lose" Lori shouted in anger. Carol turned her attention to the both of them.
"Lori-" she quickly got cut off by the Grimes mother.

"I know what you're going to tell me but that little boy is out there all by himself, there was a walker out there, he could be hurt, we need to find him," most of the men had started to come back, Glenn had heard only what Lori had said.
"Caspian's out there.... by himself?" Glenn went to move into the woods, Jim and Dale held him back.

"Let me go!" Glenn begged but the men didn't move, he tried to run but T-dog grabbed him.
"Listen man we can't have you running off, I know how important he is to you but we can't lose another person," Glenn pushed everyone off of him, he climbed into his tent wanting to be alone.

-

Rick pulled his wife and best friend aside "I want you two to look for Caspian when I'm gone," Rick wanted to look himself but he promised Daryl that he would find Merle.
"You two knew him before right?" Lori asked, Shane and Rick nodded, Caspian only trusted three people in the whole world.

"We'll find him, he'll be back at camp safe and sound by the time you guys get back,"