Chapter eight

There's a glitch with this book where for some reason it keeps saying it's completed but it's not.

"Glenn can Caspian come explore with Abigail, Sophia and I?" Carl asked. The group had left the CDC after some complications, Caspian was never told why they left, he knew that it had blown up but he didn't know why.

"I know we left him alone last time but I promise we'll keep him safe," Sophia nodded along with what Carl was saying.
"Yeah we will," Glenn took a deep breath, he looked down at Caspian who wasn't paying attention to the conversation at all. Glenn nodded.

"Okay... just please make sure he's safe," Carl smiled widely.
"Yes! Thank you," he reached out and grabbed Caspian's hand.

"C'mon let's go explore," Sophia skipped forward leading the way, she turned around and waved at her mom just in case something happened and she would never see her again.

"Bye daddy," Caspain blew Glenn a kiss, Abigail taught him how to do that.  "Stay close to Sophia and Carl, you too Abigail," Carl lightly tugged on Caspian's hand and started to walk forward.

          "Can we look through some of the cars?" Abigail asked looking around at all the abandoned cars that were on the highway.
          "Uh yeah why not," Carl shrugged, he released his grip form Caspian's hand, letting it fall, Abigail had already found a car that she was interested in.

          "Can you help me open this?" She asked looking over at Carl. He nodded and walked over to help her.
          "Do you want to look through cars?" Sophia asked Caspian, the little boy nodded.

          "Yeah!" Caspian spotted a truck ahead of him, he reached up slightly and grabbed Sophia's hands dragging her over to the truck with him. Sophia hesitantly reached for the handle of the car door, the windows were blacked out in the car. The kids couldn't tell if anything was in the car.

          "Get behind me okay?" Caspian nodded, he shuffled behind Sophia and grabbed ahold of her arm, hiding himself behind her body.

Sophia grabbed the handle and swung the door open, a walker noticed Sophia and reached forward, Sophia jumped to the side just before the walker could fall on her.

Caspian froze in his spot, the walker leaned forward again and fell out of the car, it fell on top of Caspian and snarled trying to scratch or bite him.

Rick peered over at where the kids where exploring, he saw Abigail and Carl playing with a soccer ball that they most likely found in one of the cars. He noticed Sophia moving in a weird way, almost as if she was trying to pull something away.

Rick looked around and could not see
Caspian anywhere. Rick grabbed his knife and headed over to where Sophia was.
          "Rick!" Sophia shouted, and then when he noticed it, the thing that Sophia was trying to pull off was a walker.

          "Shit," Rick mumbled under his breathe. He grabbed Sophia and gently moved her further away from the walker.
          "Go to Carl and Abigail" Sophia hesitated for a moment before running off. Rick ran over to the walker and Caspian, he snuck around the back of the car.

Caspian squirmed underneath the walker. He was just out of reach of the walker's mouth, luckily. Caspian cried out not wanting to be eaten. Rick ran up behind the walker and grabbed it pulling it off of Caspian.

He used his knife and stabbed the walker in the head instantly killing it again. The walker slumped to the ground at Rick's feet.
          "Come here," Rick leaned down and picked up Caspian.