Chapter five

Caspian had slept in today which was rare for him, he was just so tired from yesterday that he slept in. Glenn wanted to stay with him but he had to help the group clean up, Glenn was gonna wake Caspian up but Shane told him to let the kid sleep.

The little boy groaned as he stretched, his little limbs moved out as far as they could. He let out a little yawn before huffing,  Caspian stood up in the tent, he decided that he would try and get himself ready today.

Little Cas picked up a long grey shirt, he pulled off his pyjama shirt, he stuck his head through the hole of the shirt. The little boy moved the shirt so that it was the right way around, he stuck his arms through the arm holes of the shirt.

Caspian pulled the shirt down so it fit properly, he pulled down his pyjama pants, little Cas looked down at his diaper, he couldn't change that himself he thought.
          "Hey buddy, are you awake?" Shane asked from outside of the tent, his hands were on his hips and he was looking down.

          "Y...yeah," Caspian opened up the tent a little bit and stuck his head out, Shane looked up when he heard the tent unzip.
          "H...hewp pwease," the little boy wanted to be independent today but he wasn't smart enough to know how to use the bathroom at all.

          "With what?" Caspian unzipped the tent even more, he put his head down embarrassed. Shane nodded his head, he gently pushed the little boy inside of the tent, he zipped up the tent behind him.

-

Caspian placed his hands on Shane's shoulders, he stepped into the overalls, Shane pulled up the overalls and placed the straps on the boy's shoulders.

The little boy walked over to the front of the tent and stepped into his shoes. Shane unzipped the tent, he helped little Cas out of the tent before zipping it back up behind them. Caspian spotted Rick standing by his family, the little boy tugged on Shane's pant leg, he pointed over to Rick.

          "Yeah, that's Rick, wanna go see him," the little boy nodded his head, Shane nodded, he grabbed Caspian's hand and walked over to the sheriff. Rick bent down to the boy's height.
          "I missed you buddy," Rick pulled Cas into a hug which he gladly returned.

          "Look at you, little Dino," the little boy giggled, he roared loudly at Rick.
          "Wow that is impressive," Lori smiles down at her husband, he was great with little kids.
          "Hey, I want you to go and pack up your stuff can you do that for me," Caspian nodded his head, he could definitely do that.

          "Shane can you help him?" the ex sheriff nodded his head, he grabbed the little boy's hand again and led him to the tent.

-

Caspian huffed, that was a lot harder than he thought, even though Shane basically did everything for him.
          "Don't huff you barely did anything," Shane joked, he picked up a duffle bag full of Caspian's stuff, and threw the bag over his shoulder.

The little boy grabbed Shane's hand, the two of them made their way towards the rv.
          "Go on get in," the little boy shook his head, he didn't want to be in the rv yet, he wanted to be with everyone else.
          "Stay," Caspian said tugging on Shane's pant leg, the older male sighed nodding his head.

-

The little boy walked over to Carl, he wanted to run but Glenn had put many bandages over his cuts yesterday making it hard for him to run.
          "Cawl," the ten year old boy turned around, he smiled and ran over to Caspian, Carl handed the boy one of his trucks.

It was a simple green truck, that was Caspian's favourite colour, Carl's was blue, his favourite colour.
          "Was this?" the little boy asked staring at the truck, he's never gotten to play with toys before ever.

          "It's a toy truck, have you seen a truck before," Caspian shook his head, he's never been outside of the foster home before, when he Glenn came and took him it was his first ever being out of the house.
Even then he never really seen anything besides his little room before.

          "Maybe one of the books that you have has trucks in it," Caspian nodded his head, he couldn't wait till he got to read those books.
          "Do you wanna race?" Carl asked Caspian, the little boy nodded his head, he didn't know what racing was but he was sure that Carl was going to teach him.

          "We're gonna stand by the tents, run our trucks all the way to the rv and whoever gets there first wins," Carl explained. The two boys walked over to the tents with trucks in hand, both boys knelt down so that the truck was touching the ground.

          "3.... 2..... 1... go!" Carl made sure to go as slow as he could, he smiled when Caspian reached the rv. The little boy smiled happily, he's never won something before, this was the first time ever. Carl ran over to Caspian. 

          "Good job" the older boy picked up the youngest and gave him a hug. Rick came over to tell them that it was time to leave, he smiled once he saw the two boys, Carl was getting along with Caspian more than the other kids.

          "It's time to leave boys," while the boys were playing Glenn had packed up everything else including the tent. Caspian frowned, he gave the truck back to Carl before running into the rv.

Caspian was sad to leave this place, even after what had happened last night he still wanted to stay. Caspian sat down at the booth near the front of the rv.

Glenn opened up the rv door, he stepped inside and almost immediately found Caspian waiting for him.
          "Daddy!" Caspian crawled over to the edge of the booth, he stood up on the booth, arm out wide.