04

Chapter four: Guidance.

Allura Marie Jenkins 💕 .

2 months later.
____

I was putting my last bit of furniture on the U-haul truck. My uncle pulled the latch down, shutting the back of the truck up.

"That's it?" , I nodded. As I reached into my pocket, handing him the money I owed him. Him and a few of my cousins were here to help me move.

"Thank you Unc." , he threw up his fingers as he got into the truck driving off. I sat into my car, looking down at the key to the house. I licked over my lips.

This was my last chance.. I was letting go of Kentrell.. for good. I sighed as I started the car, leaving. I was going to Kentrell's house to give him his key back.

When I pulled into his driveway, It was only one car there. I never saw it before. I still took my chances, I took a deep breath before exhaling slowly.

I shut the door to my car as I walked up to his door. I rung the doorbell. Seconds later, his mom was at the door.

"Kamiri hold on. Hey gorgeous." , she looked from the baby to me as she opened the door. She gave me a side hug.

"Hey momma Sheronda." , I spoke back giving her a forceful smile.

"Do you want to come in darling? It's been forever since I seen you. How long has it been 3 years? Kentrell said you moved overseas.", she asked as she smiled. My spirit became intense. I didn't like the way I was feeling.

I frowned, "Kentrell didn't tell you?" , her smile faded as she looked down at Kamiri.

"Come in girly." , she said as she turned on her heels walking away. I stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

I nibble on my lip to distract me from overthinking my emotions. I felt like something was being covered up.

"Kentrell told me that your mother was in England sick. And that she needed you." , she said as she put Kamiri down with Kayden and Taylin. They were in the corner playing with toy cars. I looked up at the ceiling trying to fight my tears. They looked just like him.

"One night, I was studying." , I manage to say as my voice broke. She came back over, and sat beside me on the couch. "And he came to me and asked me to help him.. hit a lick."

I took a moment to continue talking as tears rolled down my face. "I went into the house, took the jewelry. We ended up getting caught. Just Ben and I, but him, 3Three and Joe made it out."