Chapter 2

Asher

When I got home, I went straight to my bedroom. My wolf has been acting strange lately, and I don't know why. He goes crazy every time I'm around Anne. It's wired because I know that she can't be my mate. The name on my wrist is Lyra, but I don't know anyone with that name. It's weird because a name doesn't show up on your wrist unless you know the person, so who could it be?

~.~.~

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm clock. My parents don't care if I get up or not. All they care about is their "career." Hell, I don't even feel like going to school today, but I'm determined to figure out who the name on my wrist belongs to. Whoever it is, I know that I will love them with all of my heart.

Putting that thought aside, I got up and got ready for school. I wore a black tight fitted v-neck shirt to show off my muscles, dark blue jeans with holes in them, and black combat boots. I then left the house and got in the 2014 Lexus that was in the garage. The garage has 6 cars in it, two for me and two for my parents. I have a Lexus and a Mustang. My parents own the other cars in the garage. I know my parents are filthy stinking rich, but I don't give a damn about that. Money can't buy love

~.~.~

I made it to school and went to my locker. Anne was already at her locker. My 'girlfriend,' Cassandra, walked up to her and started yelling at her for some reason. I was going to ignore it and go to my locker, but then Cassandra did something totally unexpected. She punched Anne in the face. Anne did nothing but stand there with her head turned to the side.

I saw Cassandra going in for another punch, and like lightning, I was in front of Anne taking the punch that landed in the middle of my chest. I was pissed at Cassandra. I looked at her, and she looked surprised and confused.

"Get the fuck away from me! I don't want to see your ugly face ever again!" I Growled angrily at her.

"But I was just defending myself!" Cassandra tried to plead with me, but I wasn't going to listen. My wolf and I were far too angry.

"Oh yeah? So punching her when she barely said anything to you is defending yourself?! You need to fucking get over yourself! Now leave my sight!" I yelled at her.

"But-"

"Go! Now!" I dreamed at the top of my lungs.

I guess she got the hint because she ran down the halls crying her eyes out. I turned around to Anne to see if she was okay. I saw her face and she had this really shocked expression in her eyes, and a bruise was starting to form on her cheek. She then shook herself out of shock.

"I.. um.. I-I gotta go." With that she ran off to her class.

What the hell is going on? Why did I defend Anne? I was acting like she was my mat, but I know she's not because her name's not on my wrist. Lyra's is. This is all too confusing.