Chapter 3

(Picture is Amity)
Lyra

~.~.~

I had to get out of that situation as soon as possible. I walked in the class, and I realized that my things were on the floor in the hall. I'm so screwed.

Just as I was thinking that, someone knocked on the door to the class room. I looked up to see Asher standing there with my books in his hand. Crap! Why did he have to show up at this moment? Why does the world hate me? I mean his name is on my wrist. What more could possibly happen?

"I'm sorry to interrupt your class, but I found these in the hall. I think they belong to Anne because it was in front of her locker." Asher smirked.

"It just might be hers. She doesn't seem to have her books with her today." The teacher glared at me. Great. The beginning of the year and a teacher already hates me.

"Sorry. I got distracted, and forgot my books." I replied looking at my desk.

"Why don't you come and get your books from Asher then? I hope you're not too distracted to do that." The teacher's voice was reeking with sarcasm, I could almost taste it. Did I ever mention the I hated this teacher? Well I am now. She is an old witch who thinks that her easy is always the best and most perfect way there is. I hate her. I did one thing different one time and she threatened to send me to the office because I couldn't fallow her institutions properly.

"Yeah. I can grab my books. I'm not distracted anymore." I reply, while I'm gritting my teeth to keep from saying what I really want to say to her.

I get up and walk over to Asher as fast as I can, grab my books and then I hurry back to my seat.

"What? No thank you?" Asher remarked with that stupid smirk on his face. Ugh! He is enjoying my pain.

"Thanks." I replied in a monotone voice. His smirk faded and it made me smile in return. I love torturing people sometimes.

"Anyway, Mrs. Hawthorne, can I have a ass to my class? I'm a little late from bringing Anne her books." Asher looked at her sweetly. He's kissing her ass right now! He fucking sucks!

"Oh! Absolutely!" She went to her desk to get a pass sheet. She wrote his pass out for him. "Here you go!" She exclaimed as she handed him the pass.

"Thanks." He smiled at her, took the paper and left the classroom.

"Now class, I hope there won't be anymore interruptions today." Mrs. Hawthorne stated. She then turn to the board, and started to write our assignment down. "Now open your textbooks to page 394."

I opened my book and there was a note inside of it. I don't remember putting a note there. I don't remember putting a note in my book. I opened it and there was a note addressed to me inside it.

'~Anne,
Meet me in the parking lot after school.
~A'

What does Asher want?

~.~.~

Asher

I'm so confused. Why am I so protective over Anne? She's not my soulmate, and I know it. This girl named Lyra is. I really should be focused on finding her, not trying to figure out what happened this morning.

Here I am though. Maybe I should just figure out what happened and get this over with.

~.~.~

Lyra

I really don't want my last class to end because that means that I'm just that much closer to talking to Asher about what happened. Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell a werewolf that I may or may not be his soulmate? I mean I have no idea what is going to happen. He could be so angry that he doesn't want to talk to me, or even see me for that matter. He might be really happy and want to be with me for the rest of his life, or he could just ignore the fact that we are soulmate a completely and find someone else. Too much to think about.

RING!

Shit! The day is over! Maybe I could just sneak passed him and he won't even notice me. All I have to do is sneak out with out him noticing me, and everything will be fine.

I made it outside of the school without him noticing me. Maybe he was hanging out with his friends that he forgot that he was going to meet me after school.

I look around the parking lot, and I see Asher standing in the parking lot. Damn! I guess that I have to put on stealth mode now. This sucks. I start hopping around between cars, trying to go unnoticed. That's when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over and saw none other than Asher. FUCK!