Her Acquaintance, Eight O'clock

For once, it was nice to have a peaceful sleep without being in fear of the Sakamaki's coming into the room. A yawn left you from where you sat at the bed and you glanced around the small cozy room for once at peace with your surroundings. Light trickled in from the window on your left, the rays coming into the room in rectangular shades. A nightstand was to the left of the bed, a dresser placed against the wall to the right of the bed and the wooden door stood adjacent to where you sat in the bed.

Truthfully, this was the most peace that you had since you had been in the Diabolik Lovers dimension and you were going to do all you could to bask in it. The room was silent, nothing could be heard except the sound of your breathing as you calmly glanced around the room. You honestly didn't feel like getting up, wanting to stay in bed and sleep for the rest of the day. With a sigh, you pushed the covers off, sliding to stand on the wooden floorboards and you stretched in place, the night gown that the lady had lent you rising up from your bare legs.

It had to be past ten by now, maybe even past noon with how late you had stayed in the bed, but you deserved it. Another yawn left you, but you didn't move from where you stood, basking in the warmth of the light streaming from the window and taking the time to enjoy the moment. After a while, you opened your eyes deciding to head out into the main room to get something to eat.

You opened the door of the room, stepping out into the hallway and glancing down it to find that it was empty. Doors lined the hallway, one of them consisting of the lady's room which was the furthest to the back while your room was in the middle of the hallway. To the right was an opening that led to the living room and you closed the door, the frame clicking as it shut. You still had yet to see what the house consisted of as you had immediately gone to bed the moment the lady had explained your predicament. Your foots echoed down the hallway as you walked, passing by a small desk that was in the hallway before reaching the entrance that led out to the living room.

The living room was empty as you crept into the small room, your gaze glancing around at the low lit area. Colored curtains hung in the windows lighting the room up in a soft plum radiance, but the candles that decorated the desks and shelves lit up the remainder in a yellow glow. The fires of the candles continued to flicker and dance as you past them, as if beckoning you further into the mysteries of the house. The fireplace was devoid of any flames, but embers from the fire from the previous night lingered in the charred remains of the wood.

Your gaze drew to the shelves that housed a large number of books and other materials and you drifted over in curiosity. Unconsciously, your finger trailed over the covers of the books, briefly reading over them as you trailed along the bookshelf examining over its possessions. Most of the books consisted of information regarding magic-users, different types of spells, herbs, and other creatures that lived in this world. Your finger lingered over a particular book that held information about vampires and demons that roamed through this world knowing that it might contain information about Karl Heinz and possibly about the Tsukinamis. As much as you wanted to take it out to read it, you didn't want to, not wanting to touch the belongings of the lady without asking.

With a small sigh, you moved away from the bookshelf, glancing around the rest of the room. With the exception of the magic books, candles, and few materials that scattered around the living room, it could almost be considered normal. The entire house was silent making you wonder where the lady was and even the silver fox who would usually follow her. Taking a moment to ponder what to do, you soon decided to head into the kitchen, the room consisting of the same dark oak floors that the rest of the house had.

The kitchen was honestly smaller compared to the living room, a small table being placed in the middle of the room and a fridge along with tabletops were placed to the right of the room. It was empty in here just like the rest of the house making you inquisitive as to where the female was. It was only likely that she had left her house, either that or was still in her room. Herbs hung around the room from above your head, each one strung up on racks that hung from the roof. Most of them were unfamiliar to you and you closely examined them, your head craned up so that you could further see them.