- F o r t y t h r e e -

There was a knock on the door, and I rushed over to the door. I opened it and it was Kenzie.

Kenzie: "Hey you ready to go?"

Maddie: "Yeah."

We walked to the car and she drove to Alfreds, a local coffee shop in LA. 

We stood in line and waited our turn.

Cashier: "What can I get you too fine young ladies?"

Oh no here we go again.

Kenzie: "Can I get a Carmel iced tea?"

Cashier: "Of course, and for you my lady?"

Kenzie: "I'll take an iced almond milk latte."

Cashier: "Can I get a name for the order?"

Maddie: "Maddie."

Cashier: "Maddie, that's a nice name. That suits you really well."

Maddie: "Thank you." I smiled cause I want this to end.

Cashier: "Your style catches my eye, I'd love to get to know more about you. Maybe over coffee?"

Maddie: "You know I'd love to, but I have a girlfriend and I'm really not interested in you so. Thanks for the coffee, I'll see you around."

I rushed to the corner booth, and Kenzie followed.

Kenzie: "Damn you just got hit on by a straight dude."

Maddie: "Make that the second time today, the first was with Billie."

Kenzie's mouth dropped.

Maddie: "I wish I was joking." 

Kenzie: "Okay so I'm all down to talk shit, but I wanna talk a little bit of business first."

Maddie: "Okay."

Kenzie: "I emailed Fashion Nova the pieces that you wanted and they're supposed to arrive tomorrow. They want you to wear the pieces to the next few things you're doing, like the interview at buzzfeed and the appearance on Saturday."

Maddie: "I'll gladly do the appearance in those clothes, but like every day wear it's all baddie shit and all stuff I would take a picture in and then I'd take it off."

Kenzie: "Okay so you'll wear it on Saturday, and then like some random ass event I'll find."

Maddie: "Okay so it's talking shit time?"

Kenzie: "There's one more thing I wanna talk about."

Maddie: "Okay."

Kenzie: "Billie."

Maddie: "Oh God." I rolled my eyes.

Kenzie: "Well I don't really wanna talk about her, I just wanted to say that you're guys relationship mesmerizes me and I'm so beyond happy that you found someone who actually loves you for you."

Maddie: "Awwww thank you. Can we please talk shit now?" 

Kenzie: "I guess so, who's first?"

Maddie: "..."

Time skip. About 4 hours later.

Maddie's POV:

I got back from coffee with Kenzie about 3 hours ago, I haven't really been doing annoying interesting. I've been working, I replied to Emails and I updated my calendar on my phone.

I looked at my phone and it said 11:57PM, I wasn't tired. I was far from tired. For this first time in days I finally have time to think, I need to think, I need to come to terms with what is happening around me. It's all happening so fast and I don't know how long before it all really catches up to me.