Chapter Thirty

School's back in session and time is flying by. It's been over a month and I have had two more OB visits. Doctor Devereaux is pleased with my blood pressure. It seems now that most of the stressors in my life have calmed down so has the problem.

Of course, I think there is another reason for it too, and he's currently asleep in my bed, looking adorably cute, and I can't help but wonder what I have done to deserve him.

"I can feel you staring at me," Alex mutters, peeking at me through one eye. "I'm trying to sleep, but with you looking at me like that you're making sleep drift further and further from my mind."

"Is that so? And I do that with just a look, you say? So what would happen if I do this?"

I snuggle in closer and let my hands travel over his naked abs, chest, and arms.

"You keep that up, and we will be late for class this morning," Alex responds. I know he means it because his look is one of being barely held in check. It wouldn't take much to push him over the edge.

I get even closer and let my hand drift lazily across his back. My body now presses fully against his. "Look who's being the responsible one."

"One of us needs to be. I usually count on you, but I see you're in a mischievous mood this morning."

"ME?" I say, batting my eyes innocently at him.

"But you forget who you're playing with," Alex replies, with that look that assures me it's too late for me to getaway. He grabs hold of me as he rolls me over onto my back, pinning me beneath him, all the while being careful not to put his full weight on me.

"Evil woman," he declares, trapping my hands up above my head, lacing his fingers with mine as he kisses me.

I love Alex's kisses. He takes his time. He builds the anticipation, and he drives me crazy, but his kisses also hold the truth of how he feels about me. I always feel cared for, sexy, wanted each time his lips meet mine.

He sits up and lets his hands slowly slide over me. As I shiver at his touch, he laughs. "Cold? I can warm things up for you."

"Oh! I know you can," I assure him, "but we REALLY need to get to class." He looks at me with pure disbelief, rolls his eyes, and just falls over to his side of the bed, freeing me.

"Evil, she's pure evil!" Alex exclaims, staring at the ceiling.

I laugh, getting up from the bed. "I'll make it up to you later. In fact, I'll make us some French toast this morning as a show of good faith."

He lets out a long, audible groan. "I love your French toast, but I hate waiting."

I giggle again. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that," I say, laying out my clothes before I jump in the shower.

"Whoever made up that saying obviously never had a Cat in their life. Face facts," Alex tells me, "you're a curve breaker."

"And I know you love it when I break out my curves," I tease, stripping off my nightgown as I head towards the bathroom, tossing it carelessly on the floor behind me.

"Pure Evil," I hear Alex bemoan, as I giggle and shut the door behind me.

I brush my teeth and get into the shower, setting it to just the right temperature. I smile when I hear the door open, knowing he couldn't resist. Alex opens the door to the standing shower, staring at me greedily. His eyes devour me as takes in the sight of me.

"Got room for one more?" Alex asks with a 'sexy as all hell' grin.

I just crook my finger for him to come and join me. He readily complies.