Chapter Forty-One

We kiss for what feels like an eternity. Or maybe that's because I am so in the moment that it feels that way, but I am in no rush to make it end. However, there is a knock on the door, and it breaks the spell.

I sigh. Another interruption. Will Alex and I ever get a break?

Alex moves away from me and answers the door. Turns out to be our delivery of some hot and sour noodles and Kung Pao chicken. I forgot I ordered dinner. It smells so good. Alex pays for the delivery.

"Hungry?" he asks.

I didn't have to answer as my stomach growls in response to those delightful aromas and Alex laughs. "I'll take that as a yes."

I go fetch the plates and something for us to drink, while Alex takes the cartons out of the bag and cues up some Anime for us to watch.

I dish out the food and we throw some pillows on the floor and eat at the coffee table. We both opt for our chopstick instead of utensils because it just makes everything more fun.

I am enjoying our time together, just simply hanging out, and having a good meal, but Alex's worries and concerns about not being good enough for me keep needling the back of my mind. I keep glancing over at him and every once in a while he catches me and smiles.

Then he surprises me by grabbing a long, hot and sour noodle and holds it out for me to eat. I laugh and open wide, tilting my head back so he can lower it into my mouth. I slurp up the last bit and Alex chuckles as the rouge noodle flips up and hits me in the nose.

"Okay, my turn." I have a delightfully wicked idea. First, I have to kneel up on the pillows as there is a significant height difference between us.

"Shorty," he teases, and I scowl at him.

Then, I pull a long noodle off my plate. He turns towards me and tilts his head back in preparation.

"Close your eyes," I tell him.

"What?"

"You heard me. Close them."

He gives me a look like I'm crazy, but he closes his eyes. He knows I'm up to something, so he tries to peek.

"Ah, ah, ah! No peeking!" Alex grins and closes his eyes again.

I take one end of a long noodle and place it between my lips, and then I stand up over him to twirl and drop the other end into his mouth. As his mouth fills up, Alex knows he's nearing the end and sucks the rest of the noodle in, bringing me to his lips.

His eyes open in surprise when our lips meet, and I let go of the rest of the noodle and kiss his now saucy lips. The hot and sour sauce makes the kiss even spicier. Alex's arms come around me and he lowers me back to my knees, but he continues to kiss me.

His lips taste so good against mine that I'm having a sudden hunger for so much more than food, and his exploring hands fuel that hunger. He slides them up under my t-shirt but falls short of my breasts. My arms wrap around his neck.

He pulls away only slightly to whisper against my lips, "You drive me crazy. You know that? Where do you come up with your ideas?"

I smile against his lips. "What can I say? You inspire me." And I claim his lips again, but then move my lips to his neck. Alex closes his eyes and his hands drift towards my back, traveling down my bare skin till he reaches the small of my back, and then he pulls me in closer to him.

My body feels so alive. His touch has it positively humming. I want him to feel the way he makes me feel. I slide my hands under his shirt to remove it. Alex assists me, and I just let my gaze fall upon him as I drink him in.