~7~

Waves of excitement and shock radiated through your body. You just couldn't believe what was happening. You were brought back to reality when he started talking.

"Are you ok?" You could see the eyes on his mask shift seeming to form a furrowed brow. He sounded almost panicked and relieved at the same time.

"Yeah I was just a little distracted i guess." You really couldn't explain what just happened. You were just walking and then all of a sudden a car was hurdling towards you.

"Something on your mind?" He asked sounding genuinely interested.

"Kinda. There's this guy...I haven't known him long but I think I might like him." You realized how personal this was becoming. He probably didn't actually care, just trying to be nice.

"Oh geez, you probably didn't want all the details, I'm sorry." You begin apologizing frantically. He chuckles at your behavior and looks at you.

"No no you're fine. I think you should get out of your head about it say something to the guy. Maybe he feels the same and is afraid to say something too. You seem like a really cool girl. I'm sure any guy would be happy to call you his own." His way of speaking sounded so wise and mature.

People often speculated that Spiderman was younger than a lot of the other heros, but after this you were certain he was at least 5 years older than you.

"Now I'm sure theres somewhere you need to be." He switched the topic. You hadn't noticed that you two had just been hanging from a lamppost this whole time. Your face heated up and you laughed at your own ignorance. You looked at the time on your phone.

"Yeah, school. I think the late bell just rung." You shake your head knowing this was gonna be a hell of a thing to explain to the attendance office.

"Well lucky for you I was heading in that direction myself. Care for a ride?" He asks deepening his voice to mock someone much older than himself.

"If it's not too much of a bother." You laugh at him.

"Never a problem for your friendly neighborhood spiderman." He pulls you closer against him and begins swinging into action.

The wind blew into your face and you laughed. This all felt similar to riding rollercoasters and thrill rides at the amusement park. Your hair flew in many different direction as you clung to him.

Strangely enough, while you were hundreds of feet off the ground, cradled in the arms of someone you have never met before, you've never felt safer. And all you could do was smile.

After what felt no where near long enough you two arrived at school. A feeling of disappointment set into you. Your eyes felt a little stingy as if ready to cry.

Not that you're a sensitive person, it's just feeling so safe and happy even for such a short time felt like a dream. And Spiderman was so kind. He almost made you forget about Peter.

Oh shit! You were supposed to meet Peter before class started this morning.

"Damnit I totally forgot I was supposed to meet with someone this morning!" You panic as you wiggle out of his arms and start sprinting towards the building. Remembering how you got here, you paused and turned to face him. "Thank you!" And you began running again.

Now what are you gonna tell Peter?