~19~

"What the fuck are you talking about?" You struggled against the webbing that held you to the bed frame, but didn't move an inch.

"I've been thinking," he starts pacing at the foot if the bed. "Y/N, I love you. At first I thought it was just a crush. That you were just a pretty girl that was nice to me, but no, that wasn't it. Then I thought maybe it was just lust. That you just had a hot enough body to drive my team hormones insane. Nope wasn't that either.

It's so much more than a crush. So much more than lust." He manages to walk onto the ceiling, as he peers down at you with a gaze burning with more emotions than you could understand.

"I knew I was I love with you before I saved you. But when I seen you in danger, so close to death, I knew I would be nothing if you were no longer in my life. Just the thought of living a day in a life without you was too much for my heart to bear." He leans down to lovingly stroke the side of your face, sending tingles of discomfort down your spine.

"So I asked myself, Peter, what can you do to insure her safety? How can you make sure she's safe every minute in everyday, without even being with her?" He sounded almost deranged talking almost in the third person.

"My first thought was, I'll take her over to the compound. Everyone already loves you there, and they'd surely offer you protection. But then Tony's voice in my head blabbed on about option A or option B, and honestly I didn't wanna hear him anymore so I just threw that whole idea into the trash.

But then, then then then! I thought, what if I brought you somewhere secluded? Somewhere nothing could harm you. Far far away from all the evil that the world holds. Here. In here we have our own little world, our own bubble, where there is no evil. Only love." He sighed the last words with adoration in his tone as he stared down at you, while you sat there unable to do much of anything but stare.

You were speechless, just completely dumbfounded by his monologue, the long winded speech sounded like something straight out of a TV drama. You tried to shake yourself out of the dazed state, but nothing changed.

He swallowed audibly, in an almost comical way. It seemed like he realized this was it. All his cards were laid out on the table and the ball was now in your court. Except it wasn't.

Being connected to the bed and all really wasn't allotting you many choices. Maybe the choice to spit at Peter and tell him what a delusional ass he was being. Maybe the choice to forgive Peter and try to breakdown all the things in your mind, allowing him a peek at yours thoughts and possibly give him a final chance before he completely dedicated himself to a pretty illegal crime.

Forgiveness was always the solution right?-

"Pete...What the fuck is wrong with you!" You screech, anger tinting your cheeks and darkening your eyes. "You can't just kidnap me and expect me to play along with this dumb game! That's not how this works. You didn't even take my feelings for YOU into consideration.

We've only known eachother for a couple months, I thought you liked MJ, and I accidentally grinded on you on the subway. Not to mention you just dropped a total bomb on me, 'oh hey, yeah turns out, I'm SPIDERMAN! Yeah you know, the guy who saved your life and you had the biggest crush on. Cool beans right?'" After your own little rant, you have tears in your eyes. It's not certain if they were tears of fear, anger, or betrayal, but as they rolled down your cheeks they stung more than ever before.

It was Peter's turn to stare at you in a dumbfounded manner. But his seemed to hold more heartache than anything.

"No." He finally breathed out after a moment. "No this- it wasn't supposed to go like this! You- you weren't supposed to get angry! I didn't, God- I wasn't thinking...HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID!" His words went from broken and panicked to scorned and loathing.

He sent his fist through the wall and the plaster crumpled under the force of his punch. He fell to his knees and shook in a way similar to crying, his back was facing you and you were unable to see his face.

His actions frightened you to the core, and the sight of his sheer strength terrified you more than you'd like to admit. His display scared any of the fight you had in you right out of you. You watch silently, praying to whatever God may have been above that he'd seen the error of his ways and would just take you home.

He stood, sniffling quietly before he turned to face you. His face was blank, but his eyes were bloodshot. He crossed the room to you, trampling through the rubble of the wall on hid way. His eyes held such an intensity that it paralyzed you. He reached out and delicately pressed his hand to the side of your face, before his grip became more sturdy. He grasped you jaw and squeezed almost painfully, forcing all your attention on him, as if it was ever off of him.

"I'm making this decision for you. And this is best. I need to go back to the city and grab the last few things. I'll be back before noon tomorrow." He says, his voice devoid of all emotion. "Don't try to escape. It'll only hurt you in the end."

He released your jaw and backed away slowly, watching you with ever step he took. He shut the door behind him and you could hear the sound of the alarm being set. He footsteps grew quieter and quieter before they lessened to nothing. Leaving you in the silence of your own thoughts.