The first day of school, senior year

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. Three months ago, my ex boyfriend, Cameron, dumped me. Then claimed I cheated. He made up some lie about him and ally, my ex bestfriend. They're probably still dating. I sigh. I get up, and go into the bathroom. I brush out my now long brown hair, that has the tips dyed to look like fire. I look at myself in the mirror. I'm thinner then last year. I'm prettier then last year. But am j stronger then last year? I walk into my bedroom and put on jeans, a plain black t shirt, and combat boots. Grabbing my black and red checkered hoodie, I walk downstairs.

"Hey sweets. You ready for school?" My aunt asks. I nod. Yeah, ready to be hated on all over again. I grab a peice of toast, and my bag, and walk out the door. I walk to school, and when I get there eyes are watching me.

"Bitch."

"Slut."

"Loser." The words don't hurt, I'm immune now. I walk to my locker and unlock it.

"Hey, heard you hooked up with a guy this summer. Did you cheat on him too?" A girl asks. I ignore her.

"Hello?" She says.

"Hey. I'm talking to you." She says, grabbing my arm and squeezing, hard. I turn and grab her arm, and shove her to the locker.

"Don't touch me." I hiss. People 'oooh' at me pinning her to the wall, and she's trying desperately to break free.

"Let go of me!" She says.

"As you wish." I say. I let go and slam my locker shut. She tries to punch me, and I dodge.

"Nice try." I say, walking off. I feel people's stares. I ignore them. First period starts, and I take my seat. Everyone gets up and leaves.

"Why won't any of you sit with miss Hollister?" The teacher asks.

"It's alright mrs. Parsons, they're just afraid of catching freakitis." I say.

"Well, today we have a new student. Class, please welcome mr. Parker." The teacher says. A guy, about six feet exactly, with black hair, walks in. The black hair just covers his bright blue eyes. I feel girls stare at him in awe.

"Alright, mr. Parker, please take a seat." Mrs. Parsons asks. He nods and wools around the room. His eyes stop on me, and I look down.

"This seats free!" Ally says. What's she staring at him for? She has a boyfriend. Correction, stole, a boyfriend. He walks over and sits down, all the girls smiling and making flirty eyes. I roll my eyes.

"Alright class, we're going to do a partner project. Everyone pick a partner." As usual. Nobody asks me. I just sit back and wait for the unlucky person who gets stuck with me.

"What's your name?" Ally asks the guy.

"Adam." He says.

"That's such a hot name." Marisa says. I roll my eyes in disgust.

"You can be my partner." Ally says, glaring at Marisa. She glares back.

"Who's that girl?" Adam asks, I know he's asking about me. I just keep working on my song lyrics.

"Who, grace? Oh. She's just a freak. Ide stay away from her if I were you." Ally says. I hear him get up. No no please don't be coming over here...yep. He came over. He sits down.

"Hi." He says. I look up.

"Hi." I say.

"I'm adam." He says.

"Grace." I say. He smiles. I slightly smile.

"So, grace, do you have a partner?" He asks. I hear ally get up.

"Now hold on, you don't want to be her partner." Ally says. She looks at me.

"She's a freak." She says, not breaking eye contact with me. I don't look away, looking away would mean giving in. And I don't do that.

"She doesn't look like one." Adam says. Wait, he's defending me?

"In fact, I'm going to be her partner." He says. She looks at him, and then at me. A look of hate is plastered on her face. I stare in utter shock at him.

"So, grace. What do ya say? Be my partner?" He asks, smiling. I nod, not knowing what else to do. He smiles. Ally walks off, furious. I laugh.

"What?" Adam says.

"Did you see the look she gave me? She's so pissed!" I say, almost crying tears of joy. He smiles. We talk a little, and make plans for me to come to his house after school tonight.

"Cool. See you then." He says. I nod, and walk to my favorite spot in the entire school. The practice room. I open the door, and walk in. Putting my stuff down, I walk over to the closet, and grab the guitar. I had one of my own, until someone, cough cough ally, smashed it on the sidewalk over the summer. I don't have the money for a new one. I smile, feeling the strings with my thumb. I sit down and play one of my favorite songs.

"Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry, you don't know how lovely you really are." I sing softly.

Time skip to end of the day

I walk out of the practice room, and walk down the hall. Walking out of the school, I see adam standing outside, girls all around him. Our eyes meet, and he smiles. Ally looks at where he's looking, and a look of hatred crosses her face.

"Sorry girls, but I have to go." He says, pushing past the crowd of girls. He walks over to me.

"Hey. Ready?" He asks. I nod, and we start the walk to his house.