1: The Scholar

"Kim Jisoo-ssi." A man wearing a suit approached Jisoo. "I'm Jung Sang Rok. I was the one who called you here." He added and Jisoo bowed her head in return. "This way, please." He led the way and she followed.

Jisoo was in the most famous and expensive restaurant in the neighbourhood and she stayed inside the V.I.P room where she was supposed to meet with the person who she have saved in the past, but Jisoo couldn't recall anything about saving someone. Still, she waited patiently. Jisoo was so engrossed at looking around the expensive looking room until a young, beautiful girl entered and she recognized her immediately. She did saved the young girl's life when she was about to get hit by a car.

"It's nice to see you again, unnie." The girl greeted.

"I.." Jisoo stammered.

She didn't know what to do or to say. She was star struck by her presence and can't seem to make an eye contact with her so she kept on looking around the room instead. Jisoo was so nervous and started to fidget and the girl might have noticed it too.

"You must be flustered right now so let me tell you why you're here." The girl started. . "I'm Gu So Hyun, daughter of Gu Jun Pyo." She added and Jisoo gaped.

"Gu So Hyun? Gu Jun Pyo's daughter? THE Gu So Hyun that everyone was talking about recently? The one who have been kidnapped and got shot?"

Jisoo couldn't believe her eyes. The famous Gu So Hyun was there in front of her eyes, talking to her. Jisoo never expected that she have actually saved the life of this person. Her eyes widened in shock and she kept on staring at the famous girl curiously.

"I'm here to thank you for saving my life. I know it's kind of late but still, I want to give you something in return."  So Hyun said and gestured towards Jung Sang Rok who was holding an envelope.

Jung Sang Rok gave So Hyun the envelope and she gave it to Jisoo. She was still in a daze when So Hyun offered her the envelope but she managed to take it from her shakily. Jisoo just stared down at the envelope and turned to look at So Hyun.

"What's this?" Jisoo asked, looking confused.

"Open it." So Hyun urged.

Jisoo immediately opened the envelope and took the papers from it. She read the contents carefully and  was dumbfounded. Jisoo kept reading the contents all over again to make sure.

"This.. This is.." Jisoo was in disbelief.

"It's a scholarship at SHINHWA University. I believe that you'll be in college this coming school year? So I hope that you'll accept this simple gratitude of mine." So Hyun stated.

"Wow. This is.. This is so sudden. I don't know what to do." Jisoo stuttered, looking overwhelmed.

"Accept it." So Hyun exclaimed to her making JIsoo speechless. "All you have to do is accept it." She repeated and this time, Jisoo finally smiled.

Jisoo was just a simple girl who had a simple life. They were 7 members in their family. They're quite big for a normal family you'll have but they're happy. Her father, Kim Byung Gon was a taxi driver while her mother, Park Eun Yang was a house servant. Jisoo was the eldest among the 5 children so she's helping the family by working in a coffee shop around the neighbourhood.

***

"REALLY?" Jisoo's childhood friend, Hoseok exclaimed excitedly. "Wow! Daebak! That's great! I mean, SHINHWA University? That's huge!" He added and Jisoo just sighed.

Jung Hoseok was Jisoo's childhood friend slash best friend and he was also working in the coffee shop with her. Ever since they were little, they would always stick with each other like glues and even though his family was more fortunate, he still chose to work in the coffee shop just to be with Jisoo and that made her feel guilty towards him. It seemed unfair for Jisoo to go in that prestigious school and leave Hoseok out.