Chapter 11

The next morning, Harry awoke by himself. He stretched languidly but took pause when his hands started gliding over what felt like small patches of silky velvet. He sat up to look around him.

Hundreds of rose petals in all different shades surrounded him on the bed. On Draco's side of the bed was a small black box and a letter folded neatly in half. He reached for the letter.

'Dearest Harry,

I have gone to have morning tea with Severus. You will be able to find me in the Great Hall once you're up. Take your time, we do have forever after all.

Yours Forever

Draco'

He finished reading, a smile having crept up his lips. He really did like spending time together but Draco was right. They did have forever, after all.

He lifted the lid off the box and gasped at what he saw inside.

It was an emerald green pendant, cut so precisely that you could almost see green tinted rainbows inside it. It was oval and the size of his thumbnail. Yellow gold filigree wrapped around the stone, making intricate little patterns that outlined it perfectly. It was attached to a yellow gold chain. Underneath the white silk wrappings was another note.

'I had this specially charmed. The chain won't get tangled or grab at your hair and the pendant is meant to give off a subtle glow if I'm thinking about you. And before you ask, I had commissioned the piece a few days ago. It will also warm slightly if someone is lying to you. It won't burn, but the warmer it is, the more severe the lie. I think it's time you knew when people were hiding the truth from you.

You mean the world to me, my angel.'

Harry put the necklace on. As soon as the clasp latched, the gem started glowing faintly. A smile graced his lips-it was nice to know that Draco was thinking of him even if he wasn't there.

During dinner Hedwig glided down towards Harry. She was carrying a rather large package. He gave her a large chunk of his meatloaf and opened the package.

Lining the bottom was an assortment of sweets and chocolates. Lying atop the mass of sugar was a single white rose with light blue tinging the tips of the petals. He smiled at the thoughtfulness. He knew that Draco filled the bottom with sweets for Harry to share with his friends, for he loved sharing things with them. Since Ron was addicted to sweets and Hermione always appreciated chocolate, he couldn't fathom any other reason the blond would have had for sending such things.

Every single day since then, Harry would receive a flower from Draco. Sometimes they came by owl, sometimes Draco would place one next to him before he woke up and sometimes Draco would procure one from behind his back. Besides the flowers, necklace and sugary confections, Draco had also given him a new bottle of metallic gold ink, a new package of specialty treats for Hedwig and whatever was in this package for him.

It was waiting for him on their bed when they got out of classes. Draco had sent him on to drop his stuff while he stayed behind to chat with the potions master. He gently opened it, revealing a box inside with Madam Malkin's logo on the top in white calligraphy. He quickly read the note that was on top of the silk packaging.

'As it's Friday and there are no classes tomorrow, I'm taking you out tonight.' Inside was new dress robes. They were a dark emerald green and were lined with gold thread that seemed to sparkle and shimmer as the light reflected off it.

Draco escorted Harry to Restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse, an extraordinarily hard restaurant to get reservations for. The decor stunned Harry, the white walls and detailed gold and silver accents took his breath away. When Draco had given his name, the staff bowed and led them to a separate dining hall. This one was just as extravagant, but magically enlarged and warded for wizards only.