Chapter 1

It was a beautiful day in the city of Corcillum as a young boy runs down the street playing with a young mite demon. " don't go to far Sergial" .yelled a young women as the boy ran towards the city park. The young women's name was Anna Spherian. Walking slightly behind her was her husband Dylan Spherian a well known, and strong battle mage home on leave from the orc front.

Dylan was talking to a soldier who had fought along side him in the war against the orcs. " don't worry dear Kaskin got his eyes on him" . Said Dylan with a kind smile.

Kaskin was the name of the small mite demon that Dylan harnessed to be his sons play mate.  As Sergial ran down the street he accidentally  ran in to a tall man with black hair and brown eyes who looked maybe only a few years younger then his father. Making the man fifteen or maybe sixteen years old.

He was wearing a navy blue uniform with silver buttons that had a salamander inscribed on them. " I'm sorry for him sir he never looks where he's going when he's playing with his fathers demons" . Said Anna as she stood behind Sergial holding him gently by the shoulders as Kaskin sped around his playmates head. The man gave a kind smile and patted the boy on the head jokingly. " I know how he feels demons can be pretty fun to play with" right as the man said that a lizard like demon popped out of his hood settled on his masters shoulder and growled in delight.

As he knew that the demon he was talking about was him. " is that a salamander quite a rare demon u got there, and from the looks of it your still only a first year at the academy" . Dylan said as he walked up to his son and wife." Yes I am sir my name is Fletcher and this is Ignatius".Said the boy with a delighted grin on his face.

" I wouldn't have expected a student in the city when its so close to the days of the tournament." Said Dylan with a confused look on his face." Oh I just came into town to ask a favor of a blacksmith I know". Said fletcher as his demon slumbered on his shoulder. " Ah some last minute prepping before the big day then" said Dylan with a now more informed look on his face." Deffinatly" said Fletcher.

" Well we won't keep you then . Never know we might just see you at the tournament . we'll be going to watch the day before I have to get back to the front". Said Dylan. " well if your going back to the front the day after I'll be sure to put on an great show for you then" .said Fletcher as he began to walk away from the kind family.

As Fletcher walked away Sergial watched knowing that with all his heart he wanted nothing more then to become a great battle mage like his father and this man that had just walked away from him.

Hey guys thanks for reading vote if u liked what you've read so far. I'm gonna be writing more soon, and feel free to comment on anything.