five: trust

He performed several songs before stepping away from the mic - all peaceful, relaxing melodies that filled the café with that irreplaceable atmosphere which made people want to come back again and again.

Jungkook was absolutely entranced. To say the very least. Just like he had promised, he ordered something off the menu but ended up forgetting about it entirely thanks to Taehyung.

He watched unblinkingly as the man carefully made his way off stage. Jungkook stood up and started walking towards him - he had already paid for his coffee so he didn't care if he never came back to the table for it. Taehyung was more important right now.

However Taehyung, evidently, did not appear pleased by the sight of Jungkook walking in his direction. He stopped by the entrance to the bathrooms.

"Taehyung, you were in-"

"This needs to stop."

Terse. These four words wiped the smile clean off Jungkook's face. Nervous all of a sudden, he swallowed his breath and lifted a tentative gaze to Taehyung's cold, merciless eyes. "What do you mean, I just-"

"All of it, Jungkook, it just needs to stop." The man released a sigh of exasperation. His tense hands tugged at his hair for a moment, then were shoved carelessly in the pockets of his jeans. "I know I told you that you could come here but I really don't know why you insist on following me everywhere. You know where I live, where I work, what college I go to 'cus you go there, too. Next thing I know you could have my social security number in your hands and then what am I supposed to do??"

Jungkook couldn't find words to justify himself. He couldn't find words at all, in fact, and found himself rendered utterly speechless and guilt-heavy by Taehyung's harsh, yet completely reasonable accusations. His chest clenched and his heart felt punctured.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the boy stuttered out an apology and turned his back to Taehyung, making his way quickly out of the café as though his life depended on it.

He didn't want to let it bother him. Taehyung really didn't need to let it bother him. The last thing he needed right now was something else to weigh on his mind on top of all the other issues he was dealing with.

To his distress, however, it did bother him. Throughout the rest of his work day and on the drive home, though thankfully at that point he was at least able to push it slightly out of his mind's eye. But it still lingered.

He arrived back at his apartment later that evening and went immediately to take a shower. Then he made himself something quick and convenient to eat before collapsing on the couch. For a brief period of time, Taehyung attempted to study, to go over his notes and prepare himself for the next day's classes, but he soon found it virtually impossible to focus. So he resorted to scrolling mindlessly through social media to pass the time. If he were lucky it would bore him and he'd get tired before too long.

Unfortunately, the opposite happened.

Something caught his attention. A lot of people's attention, apparently. A trending tag.

#theboywithpurpleblood

And just like that, Taehyung experienced that all too familiar, recurring sensation of his heart dropping to his stomach.

He clicked on the tag.

There were quite a few posts by now, the majority of which were obviously made by students from his college.

So the boy with purple blood is a thing apparently.

I thought it sounded cool at first but reading people's comments has kinda got me creeped out.