thirteen: meeting

It was the only thing on his mind.

Preying on his thoughts, all day, even in his dreams the night before, in which he imagined meeting with a masked person who ended up pulling a gun on him right there in the middle of the bookstore.

Taehyung didn't believe that would happen. Of course not. But it certainly didn't help to put him at ease, and regardless of the unlikelihood of it becoming a reality, the dream still scarred him.

Moreover, he wondered about it. About what would actually happen. If their meeting would be long, or if the sole purpose of it was to prove that Blue was an actual person, and not just a coward hiding behind a screen.

In his classes, Taehyung couldn't hide his odd behavior. He often appeared to have something on his mind, and he was aware of it, but today, even he could tell he was being obvious. A resting scowl on his face, eyes flitting back and forth rapidly as though scanning his own thoughts.

Jungkook even asked him about it.

"Meeting," the boy answered. "I'm meeting with someone, that's all?"

"Meeting?"

"Meeting."

"Like, for work?"

"Kind of."

"Oh, okay."

He raised no further questioning. Seokjin, however, did.

"You look real antsy, Tae, everything alright?"

"It's fine."

"You sure? Got a dentist appointment later or something?"

"No. Just a meeting."

"Ah, I see." Seokjin made a noise of understanding and leaned back in his chair. "No need to be nervous, Tae, you'll knock 'em dead with your good looks."

"What?"

"I'm trying to be encouraging."

"Oh...well...thanks, I guess..."

"You're welcome!"

It didn't help much. He knew it full well, that nothing would be able to put his mind fully at peace until after this "meeting" was over and done with. Not even Yoongi, though with his scarring dream on repeat in his head Taehyung urged himself to message his friend.

Taeger💛
hey yoongi i know you're probably at work but i just felt like saying hi

Taeger💛
hope you're doing well. take care of yourself.

Yoongles💕
lucky you, caught me on my lunch break :)

Yoongles💕
i'm doing fine tiger what about you?

Taeger💛
pretty good i guess

Taeger💛
got a meeting today, a little nervous about it

Yoongles💕
oh tae you'll be fine i know you will

Yoongles💕
there's nothing you can't accomplish, tiger

Yoongles💕
be sure to let me know how it goes, okay? i'll be rooting for you

Taeger💛
:) thanks yoongi

Taeger💛
i know i can always count on you

Yoongles💕
of course you can <3