twenty-four: patience

Were it not for Jungkook whispering calmly to him, Taehyung most likely would have had a full-on panic attack in the back of that woman's car. Luckily for them, and for Yoongi's mental stability, the hospital was a mere ten minute drive away.

The arrival was a bit of a hassle, however. Taehyung seemed to have regained some of his strength, regardless of his composure not at all having been recovered, and so desperately he tried to call out to the medical staff, demanding them to bring Jimin back.

The stares they received from both staff and visitors alike urged Yoongi and Jungkook to try restraining the boy. But it wasn't easy - near impossible, they discovered. At least at first. Because Taehyung had gotten lost in his paranoia once again, but there was a twist now, as someone other than himself had somehow entered that maze.

It wasn't something Yoongi and Jungkook could emotionally comprehend and they both knew it. Having knowledge of Taehyung's blood, of the boy's fear of it being a sickness, of people wanting to study him for it - and it was abrupt, painfully abrupt, but they also both now had knowledge that Jimin had odd-colored blood as well.

If anyone could truly understand Taehyung, it would be him.

Realizing this, more than likely, was the cause of the boy's change of heart, they thought. No, they knew this as well.

The three had no choice but to sit in the waiting room. The woman offered to stay as well, but Yoongi insisted it wasn't necessary. She did leave her phone number as well as a business card with him and urged Yoongi to call as soon as possible concerning Jimin's condition. She also swore to handle the hospital bill.

"At least she was kind," Yoongi thought aloud after the woman had left. "Some people out there would've been pissed and put all the blame on us and Jimin for not being more responsible. I mean, it was his fault for running out into the street, but still. Be happy for that at least, okay Tiger?"

"Scared, he's probably so scared, poor Jimin, I shouldn't have yelled at him..."

Evidently, still trapped in that mental maze. His arm around the boy, Yoongi gazed over Taehyung's hunched body at Jungkook, staring sadly, helplessly at the floor, holding Tae's hand.

"Hey."

"I don't really know what's going on."

"That's fine," Yoongi said to him, trying to be encouraging. "We don't really know what's going on, either. But I'm not leaving till we figure it all out, so if that helps lessen your stress at all."

Upon receiving no response, Yoongi put on a soft smile and added:

"I'll be here to help you take care of your boyfriend."

Taehyung didn't react, as he was still much too distracted by his own thoughts. But Jungkook did. He heard that last word loud and clear like a metal pan being dropped on the kitchen floor in the middle of the night. His cheeks turning red, he turned suddenly towards Yoongi with wide eyes, then glanced at Taehyung, relieved somewhat that the boy didn't appear to have heard.

"He's, I mean he never said..."

"Was that not the 'something' Tae planned to tell me?"

Jungkook could only hope that was the case. He had a feeling it was, although Taehyung hadn't directly stated they were boyfriends now. It was implied, however, enough to have made Jungkook comfortable in that moment.

"Don't be shy," Yoongi smiled. "Ask him. Tiger, can you hear me?"

Taehyung shook his head.

"He can. Go ahead, Jungkook."