Clash with a Shadow

It was chaos right now in the Link Vrains: a gang of individuals known as The Knights of Hanoi had been targeting other duelists and taking them out from the Link Vrains in an attempt to find and eradicated everything related to the Cyberse World. 

There were a few individuals who were fighting them off: such as the mysterious duelist known as Playmaker; but not many outside of Playmaker succeed when battling them. Other duelists in the Vrains try to avoid Hanoi, and instead try to help keep duelists entertained with their own unique dueling style. These individuals are called "Charisma Duelists", and the most popular ones are Blue Angel and The Gore.

However, there is one duelist whose motives and goals are completely unknown. A duelist seen by few and known by even less. A duelist who was even more of a mysterious figure compared to Playmaker that some wonder if it's only a myth about his existence. His name is Shadow Breaker!

?. Personal Observation:

As I laid down on the sofa of my apartment, looking up absentmindedly at the roof, I couldn't help but wonder what my purpose was, besides dealing with those bullies that were The Knights of Hanoi. 

It wasn't as if I was alone, not entirely anyway: I had a sister who checked up on me regularly, but that was about it. The only person I ever considered a friend hasn't seen me in a long time, and that was because of her brother being as busy as he was. Don't get me wrong: family comes first, I know that as much as the next person, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt when your only friend is taken from you. 

"Jack! You there little bro?" I heard alongside a knock on the door, causing me to get up and walk over towards the door and open it, revealing Emma, my sister. Granted, it wasn't by blood as I'm adopted, but she was my sister all the same. 

"Hey Emma." I said simply, giving her a side hug briefly. She smiled at me coyly as she handed me a drink (nothing alcoholic), and came into my place as I closed the door. "Soooo, how's my little brother doing? Found a girl yet?" she teased, and I crossed my arms as best as I could and gave her a look that said 'Are you serious?', which only made her giggle a bit. 

"I'm only teasing you Jack, don't be so serious!" she said as she sat down on the sofa, having a drink she got for herself. I rolled my eyes as I sat on the sofa as well, not looking at her as I had some of my drink. "So...how's the job...?" I asked her slowly, since anything involving SOL Technologies was a touchy subject for me.

She sighed a bit and laid her head on my shoulder. "Dull. Zaizen is such a mood killer! But at least he keeps me on my toes." she stated simply, and I nodded slowly. "I'll just assume that there wasn't a double meaning to that..." I said simply, getting a giggle out of her. "Oh please! I'm not that kind of person!" she protested, even if she had a less than serious smile on her face.

"Anyway...how's...your 'job'?" she asked me, and I knew immediately what she meant. I sighed a bit and brushed a hand across my spiked hair, or at least the parts that weren't covering the right side of my face. "It's...draining, to say the least." I replied, and it was clearly not the right answer as she only got worried at that. "Then why do you do it?" 

"Because somebody has to...besides, sooner or later they'll just come after us all in one way or another...and if they got you...." I wasn't able to finish that sentence as I heard my duel disk sending out an alert at me. "Great, more trouble..." I said as I got up and placed the duel disk on my arm. Emma quickly got up to stop me.

"Jack, if they get you again...!" she began, bringing up memories that I wished she hadn't, even if it was unintentional. "I have to, Emma...and they won't get me this time, I promise..." I got my deck out and placed it into my duel disks deck slot. My duel disk was an older molder from the times of Seto Kaiba and Yugi Moto, but I preferred it that way.