Chapter 6

A/N: I've completely re-written this chapter. If it doesn't make sence for a bit don't worry. I'm simply being extremely picky atm so I'm trying to get my story into third year because prof lupin is amazing!
################################
Evie's PoV-

I had never seriously thought about trying out for the quidditch team until the start of summer before my third year ,we had the option to try out in our second year and I opted not to. I could fly but I never quite felt good enough for Slytherins quidditch team.
However over the summer Draco and I had practiced relentlessly and Draco and my parents managed to talk me into trying out for chaser,

So here I am now...
Trying out for the quidditch team as chaser. It felt great! I loved every second of it though I still felt fairly rusty because summer seemed so far gone by now.

-time skip-

I walked with Draco back to the Slytherin dorms when I ran into the Gryffindors (The twins, Hermione, Ron and Harry) I told Draco I'd meet him later in the common room. I approached them warily, I'd been involved with a few of the twins' pranks so they were fairly friendly towards me, same with Harry. Hermione seemed to be warming up to me.

Ron, let's say the others have to keep us from murdering each other

"Yello!" I yelled as I popped up from behind Harry making Harry panic, Ron to huff, the twins to burst out laughing at Harry's shocked expression and Hermione to giggle

"Did you try out then?" George piped up after recovering from their fit of laughter
"As a matter of fact I did, probably did shit but hey it's taking part that counts right?" I said leaning against the wall Hermione and twins were stood by, I was nearly the shortest in the group so everyone had a free armrest.

"Well I'm sure you did great! Just don't swear please" Hermione declared puffing her chest out as Fred slung his elbow onto the top of my head.

"Thanks poppet" did I just give Hermione a nickname? Oh well it goes downhill from now on!

*time skip a few days*

"Oh. My. God! I MADE THE TEAM!" I scream in Draco's ear

"And I value my hearing thank you very much Evie!" Draco scolded
"Sorry.. I'm just excited!" I grab his elbow and drag him to lunch, I was starving since I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning

Hermione's PoV-
As I walked along the halls with Harry and Ron I heard a voice all too familiar. Evie was screaming down the hall about how she made the Slytherin quidditch team

"Sounds like someone's happy!" Harry exclaimed, Harry and Evie had become pretty close over the time that the twins have been sneaking her into the common room to plot something and just to generally hang out. Sometimes she'd even come down to celebrate Gryffindors wins in Quidditch even if she was a Slytherin. She didn't care and everyone seemed to adore having her there so it wasn't like anyone was going to rat her out. She always has boys chasing after her asks trying to ask her out. But she's always turned them down, as if she was completely uninterested in the them.

"Clearly." Ron said bluntly. Ron and Evie on the other hand never seemed to get along with each other and despised each other greatly.
Evie always tried to be the bigger person and act civil towards Ron and be kind to him etc. However that never seemed to work in her favour due to Ronald being close-minded about Slytherins and other houses in general.

"Well let's go congratulate her then" I declared and began walking with Harry until we noticed Ronald simply walked to the Great Hall. He didn't have any interest in Evie's new spot on the quidditch team and cared more about his stomach than her achievement.

As we walked towards the two Slytherins we noticed that Draco wanted to leave but Evie tried her hardest to keep him stood where he was

"Evie, they're your friends! Sure I've had to get you from their common room more times than I care to remember but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stand around while you talk to them!" He whispered audibly.

"Fine Draco! Go on carry on being a dick I'm sure everyone lives for that!" And with that Draco left abruptly.

"Hey Mione! Harry! I made the team!" Evie jumped up and down on the spot in excitement while smiling ear to ear. I don't think that we've ever seen her this excited over something!

"Congratulations Evs! I bet you'll do great, heck you might even beat the best team in all of Hogwarts!" Harry puffed his chest out with pride " GRYFFINDOR!" He yelled as he puffed his chest out and put his hands on his waist with his elbows sticking out, looking very proud in that moment

"I think your forgetting the fact that I. The one. The only. Evie Lynn Whitaker is on the Slytherin team! Automatically making it the coolest, most amazing team in all the lands of this location formally know as HOGWARTS!" Evie yelled back at him before the two burst out laughing. I couldn't help but join in as Evie doubled over and fell to the floor laughing so much that she began to cry and hiccup.

-Evie's POV-
After Harry, Hermione and I had a laughing fit. We headed to classes, I had potions straight after lunch with Hufflepuff and then DADA with Gryffindor after.
Then I planed on either going down to the black lake for a swim or sneaking into the Gryffindor common room again. Every now and again I'd get a sudden fit of laughter and violent hiccups. The only issue was it only ever seemed to be when it was completely silent.
Just my luck.

Potions went pretty well, I'm pretty decent at it but I won't win any awards other than a couple of points for Slytherin here and there. It was nothing new
Then in DADA i walked with Harry, Hermione and Weasley. Harry and Hermione still laughing about what had happened earlier when they came over to me in the halls.
Professor lupin is also really cool! Probably the best teacher we've had in the subject for a while. I got seated next to Hermione while Weasley and Harry sat on the desk on our left.

Overall a pretty good day, I'd say