Happy Again (THORNMOVER)

Stonemover was ecstatic. 

He could fly again. He could breathe again.

He was normal.

His scales weren't the grey of stones, but sleek black. He thought of his daughter, and smiled largely. If it hadn't been for Sunny, Stonemover probably wouldn't have ever used his magic again. But she had coaxed him to transfer his stone-like scales to the cave walls, replacing them with beautiful, crisp midnight scales. He was in peak condition; he felt better than he ever had before.

After so long, Stonemover could see the light of the sky.

And he was on his way to the Sand Kingdom.

He needed to pay Thorn a visit. He needed to tell her. He needed to see her.

As he did delights loop-the-loops in the sky, he saw the Sand Kingdom below him. He whooped and cheered as he dove right down to the entrance.

There were two guards, of course, who blocked the way. They looked like brothers, each the same shade of yellow.

"Halt! What is your business, NightWing?" The burliest one asked, pointing a hefty spear at Stonemover.

"I've come to see her majesty, Queen Thorn." He answered.

The SandWing narrowed his eyes. 

And a very familiar voice sounded from behind them.

"Now, Bighorn, what have I told you about being rude to guests?"

Stonemover felt his heart beat louder.

The addressed SandWing, Bighorn, bowed. "Forgive me, my Qu – Thorn," he corrected himself; Thorn had never been one for formalities – shame she had to assume just about the most formal position one could.

Stonemover's breath caught in his throat as his mate walked in front of Bighorn. 

There was a second when nobody spoke as both mates looked just as shocked as the other.

"S–Stonemover?" Thorn whispered, her eyes wide.

"Thorn... it is me. Sunny convinced me to use my powers... to get rid of my curse... and... we can be happy again."

Thorn stood, rooted to the spot.

"Bighorn, Buffalo, you may leave," she said.

The two guards nodded, turned around and left.

Thorn threw herself onto Stonemover. "I can't believe you came back to me," she cried happily.

The NightWing hugged her. "I missed you so, so much, Thorn. We can finally be happy now."

The SandWing queen smiled, noting she would have to ask Buffalo to announce to the rest of the Outclaws that the NightWing meant no harm.

"Sunny will be delighted," Thorn smiled at her partner, and pressed her snout against his.

The two enveloped each other in their leathery wings, crying freely.

After all this time, they could be happy again.